22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
Langelg7
Motorcyclist
Join: Aug 2018

about 9 hours ago · #1
How to ground FZR600 to have current flow through the bike for my gauges,lights and t
I've fully swapped a 91 FZR600 sport bike engine to a new 92 frame to register it and everything's 95% complete (took a lot of time and work but very proud) with the project. However my earth/grounds got torn in the process so I have absolutely no grounds. Everything wiring wise on my bike is set up correctly using the wiring diagram. However I have no power at all when I turn the key. I plan on ordering the ground wire connector with 2 other leads that look like - battery terminals and another set of ground wires however I'm just unsure of where I would exactly set them. Do I plug in the ground connector and drill 1 on to the frame and put the other on the negative battery or the engine. And with the second set of grounds do I put it on the starter motor or by it and the other on the nut holding the voltage regulator.??

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I'm a bit unsure of what exactly you're asking, but it sounds like you're having trouble setting up the grounds on the bike. Normally the battery will ground directly to the frame of the bike - usually on an engine mounting lug. If your engine is rubber mounted it may be necessary to also run a ground strap from the engine to the frame - somehow the circuit must be completed.

Smaller ground wires in the harness can be attached to whatever bolt or nut is closest - they just need to be clean.

Did that answer your question?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a bit unsure of what exactly you're asking, but it sounds like you're having trouble setting up the grounds on the bike. Normally the battery will ground directly to the frame of the bike - usually on an engine mounting lug. If your engine is rubber mounted it may be necessary to also run a ground strap from the engine to the frame - somehow the circuit must be completed.

Smaller ground wires in the harness can be attached to whatever bolt or nut is closest - they just need to be clean.

Did that answer your question?
I have my negative cord connected on the starter motor of the engine or right next to it. I haven't worked on it since the weather being cold but I think it does I'm gonna order the grounds and see what happens

1 - 3 of 3 Posts