FTW ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
That reminds me of this video.

Do yourself a favor for effect;

Click on this video and then close your eyes. Don't look at the video title or anything, just listen to the bike and try to guess what brand you're listening to.

http://youtu.be/KooABbX0lQA

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,301 Posts
Funny

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Ha! We used to put on 'drag races' with our trumpets in high school band! :biggrin:
Ha! I remember doing that too. Must be a right of passage thing with the brass section.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
The link works but you'll have to log into FB before you can see it.
I AM logged into Facebook...
And for some reason, it seems to be working now. Guess it was a glitch in Facebook or something.

Ok, THAT was original! lol
Now, what can those two do for Harley Davidsons?
How do you get a trombone to sound like "This is AAA. How may I be of assistance?"

·
Very Famous Person
9,928 Posts
--

I have spokes on my bikes, so I have resorted to the old trick I used back when I was about 10 years old. We put a number of playing cards on the fender braces held on with clothespins so they flutter as the spokes go by. The more cards, the more horsepower we figured.

Life was so simple those days. :p

--

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Ok, I did a "blind" eval of the sound..........sounded like the motor wasn't getting enough oil, first off! Secondly, I knew IMMEDIATELY that I was not listening to a bike that was geared "low," like a HD. Sounded like an import. No real personally appealing sound to that bike, to ME. Didn't sound like much more than a 500cc.

-Soupy

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
--

I have spokes on my bikes, so I have resorted to the old trick I used back when I was about 10 years old. We put a number of playing cards on the fender braces held on with clothespins so they flutter as the spokes go by. The more cards, the more horsepower we figured.

Life was so simple those days. :p

--
Kids today are too lazy to go old-skool with hockey cards ;)

·
American Legion Rider
23,527 Posts
Dang! Kids are getting spoiled for even the simplest things now. I went for the Harley sound with a balloon rather than the rice sound of playing cards or baseball cards.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts