Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally wear my prescription sun glasses when riding, unless it is really overcast or actually raining, or for night riding. But recently I bought a pair of orange tinted "over glasses" to wear over my regular prescription glasses. Riding with these "over glasses" had an amazing effect. Everything looked better! The sky and clouds looked spectacular. Green grass, corn plants, etc., looked almost blue-green and more vivid than with normal lighting. And I found that I could actually see the road and everything around me more vividly, and thus more safely for riding. These glasses cost less than $20 at Walgreens, and I recommend them for everyone. Even if you don't need them to be over a pair of regular glasses these would make great riding sunglasses for anyone.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Blue Blockers, Amber Vision, same thing........makes image sharper

However you will notice it also makes your eyes feel tired.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They work so well on eliminating glare that I will give it a chance. So far I don't notice any eye fatigue.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
I will only get my prescription sunglasses in the brown color, it does the same thing but to a lesser degree. I have worn the yellow glasses and can also see better. Everything is crisper. I've never noticed eye fatigue either.

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
Orange, eh? Might be worth a try.

I know lots of guys used to come to the range with yellow shooting glasses, but we made them take them off and wear clear.

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess you could call these glasses "yellow" rather than orange, and yes, they are essentially the same as "shooting glasses", but being "over" glasses they are larger and sort of wrap around my regular glasses. They give a feel of almost like goggles since they cover the eyes better than regular glasses, and with an open face helmet seem to do a better job of physically protecting my eyes. Maybe its just the novelty of the different appearance of everything, but right now I think they are a great value at $20.

·
Gone.
17,871 Posts
I don't like paying much over $10 for a pair of riding glasses, since I lose them all the time, or they get scratched and bent and what-not. 20 bucks is rather steep to me, but I guess if they work and are comfortable they might be worth a try.

I don't have to (yet) buy the over-glasses, so maybe the larger size and shape accounts for the price.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I wear yellow tinted glasses when riding at night, helps with glare and contrast. I wear prescription sunglasses during the day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts