Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase the red 2015 899 Panigale. But, what I want to do is make it stealth black like the picture. It was posted on a forum and the guy said he got it wrapped, not sure how much that costs, the quality, and where to even get it done.

*pictures were resized so kinda they're kind of messed up

Attachments

·
6,491 Posts
Sorry, but in my very, extremely humble opinion, having owned two Ducati's, the only color should be their gorgeous RED or maybe their beautiful yellow, like my last one.

I have no idea what the infatuation with this flat-suede type 'paint' is. It looks like primer to me.:wink:

Painted that color, it look just like any other JAP sports bike.

I would be ashamed to ride it to a Ducati Rally myself.

Sam:biggrin:

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Just be aware of the downside. A bike that fast shouldn't be invisible. Also, repainting a new $15,000 bike will immediately drop it's resale value. So if you're going to do it plan on owning it a long time or taking a hit on resale.

That said, if it's what you want and you can afford it, there's a great custom shop in Raleigh called Moto Motivo run by Johann Keyser. Here's a link: http://www.motomotivo.com/

BTW, I had an '07 S2R 1000 in "arrest me" red. :p

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
The wrap is supposed to preserve the original paint and is removable. I'm not sure of the cost, but I believe it's about the same as a quality paint job.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lmaoo not sure if any of you knew this but the Panigale 1199 came in dark stealth, just like that picture. A lot of jealous haters lol.

·
6,491 Posts
No one said they hated the bike or are jealous there spud. The color just sucks. Strong language for your second post:wink:

Sam:biggrin:

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
Yeah, you can't really steer a discussion on this forum. You'll get people's opinions on any topic of their choosing, regardless of what you ask for.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
Meh... if I were to get a black Ducati, it would either be a Diavel or a 1200 Monster. The full fairing Ducs should stay that beautiful Arrest Me Officer Red color

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
If you want the best results a pro job would be the ticket, though either painted or wrapped I bet it will be expensive!

·
6,491 Posts
It's obvious how to do it John, just get a few cans of Rust-oleum spray paint and go at it:biggrin:

Forums are for opinions and discussions Rob.

This isn't speech or rhetoric/ logic class is it?

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Commute Racer
2,225 Posts
Every time a politician lies, a Harley Davidson dies.
(explains much lol)
Apropos, because I'm in Hawaii right now, and my brother in law has a Sportster and a Triumph Legend, and we were supposed to go riding together, but the Harley won't start, so he has to rent a bike.

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
So you won't ride one bike because it's style is not absolutely fabulous, and he's too tenderfooted to figure out why his own bike won't start. Bummer.

Well, I guess you could always go shopping, get a pedi, or work on your tans.

:biggrin:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts