Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Read Only
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I recently acquired a minty 1985 Moto Morini 350K2 from a personal collection. The bike has 2,000 miles and one very small area which needs the gloss black touch up engine paint on the side cover. It's ONLY blemish. The bike was never sold in the USA, and I'm having a tough time tracking down a paint match. I've even emailed requests from Italy, where modern Morini's are still made..with no responses.

Any suggestions? Can auto body shops match it with another sample?

Thanks!

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I'm pretty sure an auto paint shop can match things pretty well if you bring them a sample - much like a hardware store can with their house paint. It's some sort of photo eye.

That is such a good looking bike!

·
On The Road Again!
4,221 Posts
That bike has to be rare as heck over here.
I've heard of them, but I've never seen one.
Good luck with it.
Is that a 350cc V twin??
I've never seen anything in a V twin that small.

·
Nightfly
4,605 Posts
I am currently working part time in an automotive paint supply store. I have used a tool called a "Prophet," It is an easy to use color analyzer that scans a painted surface to precisely measure its color. Check out a store that specializes in automotive paints and supplies and most likely they can help. I'm sure the Prophet is used a great deal in the business. While the Prophet is a only a tool, it still takes the eye of a good "paint man" to get the perfect match. Good luck...

·
Registered
5 Posts
That bike has to be rare as heck over here.
I've heard of them, but I've never seen one.
Good luck with it.
Is that a 350cc V twin??
I've never seen anything in a V twin that small.
I was on a virago 250 today. It was tiny.
btw there are also lots of 50cc v-twin engines available online for some absurd builds. Might want to check those out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.