Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For most of us in most parts of the country, it is fairly easy for us to find ethanol free gas!

http://pure-gas.org/

There is also a 'Pure Gas' app for your smart phone! This makes it easy to find ethanol free gas "on the go" nearby wherever you are. You can find this in the app store for your smartphone.

Ethanol free gas is not only much better for your motorcycle, but also your automobile and especially for small engines such as lawn mowers. We went thru several lawn mowers that lasted not much longer than the one-year warranty until we finally figured out what was ruining them - ethanol!

Ethanol is also not friendly to the environment and increases the cost of food. It's another case of politicians screwing over the citizens. We should contact our elected representatives - local, state and especially federal - and ask them to support an END to the ethanol fuel mandate! If they want to sell ethanol fuel to those who WANT it - fine! But to mandate the use of ethanol fuel is oppressive, and not a worthy policy of a supposedly free country.

Yes, real gas costs more than ethanol fuel, but it is well worth it, especially when you consider that you are voting against ethanol fuel with your pocket book, and that your motorcycle, automobile, lawn mower, chain saw and whatever else you use it in will last longer, be more dependable, and have lower maintenance costs. It also alleviates the need for additives to counteract the negative effects of ethanol. The more of us who buy it, the greater the chance that the price differential will come down. Right now there is not much competition. Hopefully, that will change!

Of course, ethanol fuel has its supporters. In most cases, you can follow the money and see who is profiting from this at the expense of the rest of us. In other cases, people are simply misguided or have been mislead.

I am not affiliated with the PureGas website or app in any way, except as a user. I have no vested interest in ethanol fuel, except as a consumer and a concerned citizen.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
+1 Ethanol is a direct result of too much government. If ANY product is better, you don't need to force people to use it. Pretty simple isn't it. So if you are forced it must be bad.:D

·
Veteran Member
3,275 Posts
I am lucky in that there are many places here that sell pure gas. Though only in the premium grade. If you get down around Milwaukee, and I believe Madison as well, then ethanol free gas is not available. I've been using the pure gas website for a while now, even added a few stations myself.

·
8,579 Posts
Thanks rje58 for the link and your extremely accurate comments.;)

I have noticed more and more stations around here selling Ethanol free gas, which I use, except in my Van, sedan and pickup because they use gas quickly so the effects of Ethanol are minimized. My bikes and scooters and other gas powered things get the good stuff.

I have an Agri-Farm and it was used in the past for row crops of all kinds but now we just sell fiscue seeds and large round hay bales seasonally.

I am surrounded by my Farmer neighbors in their $200,000 Tractors, $300,000 combines, and all kinds of mostly new equipment, leased new every few years with income graciously donated by the American people as they drink freely from the Government, ETHANOL subsidy TEAT:p

As an aside, they say they hate illegal immigration, want the borders closed but under further prodding, admit that they have a bunch of them on the Farm because "They are such durn good workers," don't complain and "White Fokes" won't do the work anyway---sound familiar?( Incorrect spelling on purpose)

The new push is for a standard 15% ethanol and of course lots of the newer vehicles have "Flex fuel" capability where 85% ethanol can be used.

Being a died in the wool, right wing conservative :biggrin:, I could take up the entire band-width to pontificate and wax eloquently on my view of all Government subsidies, all things liberal-social engineered-income parity programs, etc-etc but I'm sure the Obummer administration is monitoring this site so I don't want to have him direct a mini Jihad on me for not marching in lockstep with his legions of thugs;) Remember, we fight Principalities!

Let the fun begin and we will hear how Ethanol is so fantastic, innocuous and just loves all small engines, 2 strokes and 4 strokes and never hurt a fly. Fun-fun-fun.

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
804 Posts
rje58. thanks for the link! Been using ethanol-free, but have been riding across town to get it from a station that advertises with a big ol' sign by the street. The app says there's a couple within two blocks from my home. Sweet!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great feedback! I'm glad that someone besides me finds this information useful.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
I'm still waiting for my bailout
:confused:What bailout?:confused:

I don't want a bailout. I just want them to stop forcing that garbage down our throats. I say that even though I normally only get pure gas. It's on the road where I run into no other choice sometimes. That's wrong. Let the consumer choose.:thumbsup:

·
On The Road Again!
3,827 Posts
I live in New Jersey...Let's see.......
Huh! Only one station in the entire state....and it's a hundred miles from me!
Why does this not surprise me?

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
I live in New Jersey...Let's see.......
Huh! Only one station in the entire state....and it's a hundred miles from me!
Why does this not surprise me?
I don't think Jersey is part of America anymore anyway is it?:D

·
Registered
804 Posts
Sadly, the app doesn't specify whether all the gas is ethanol-free. I went to a station today and they did have ethanol-free, but only in 87 octane. Everything else was corn-filled.:frown:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know the app is separate from the website, and much easier to use on-the-go, but if you get a chance to check the website, it tells you the octane(s) available in ethanol free gas at each location.

Sadly, the app doesn't specify whether all the gas is ethanol-free. I went to a station today and they did have ethanol-free, but only in 87 octane. Everything else was corn-filled.:frown:

·
Registered
804 Posts
I know the app is separate from the website, and much easier to use on-the-go, but if you get a chance to check the website, it tells you the octane(s) available in ethanol free gas at each location.
Thanks for that tip. Apparently, the one I've been using is the only game in town for higher octane.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Have you tried 87 in real gas? I find my bike, which calls for 93, works just fine with 87 real gas. But don't dare put 87 corn in it. It won't start right and pings at the slightest throttle. Corn is for cows so I guess the pinging is bike farts.:coffeescreen:

·
Visionary
4,615 Posts
I haven't tried pure gas but I did notice an oddity, my bike ( a Vstar which SHOULD run fine on regular) runs perfectly fine on 87 octane purchased pretty much anywhere in Pennsylvania, but if I buy my gas in New Jersey it usually runs like absolute crap (pings, burps, pops, and gets 42 mpg instead of 50) unless I use the 91-93 octane stuff, then it runs OK but not quite as well as it does on the PA gas.
I live in PA but work in NJ so I have the option every day, it's $.40 a gallon cheaper in NJ but needing to use the better gas removes the advantage. I wonder if there is a difference in formulation between the two states, or maybe I'm getting ethanol free gas here and not knowing it?
Have you tried 87 in real gas? I find my bike, which calls for 93, works just fine with 87 real gas. But don't dare put 87 corn in it. It won't start right and pings at the slightest throttle. Corn is for cows so I guess the pinging is bike farts.:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
215 Posts
The closest station to me is 15 miles away near a recreational type airport. Most All the others are in farming areas and nowhere near where I live.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Bike flatulence? Mine already sounds farty enough...

·
Troublemaker
2,517 Posts
If you have a marina nearby, they should still sell real gas too, but it will probably be more expensive, and they won't let you fill your bike up because there is no road tax applied to it. Just take a couple cans with you and say it's for your boat.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts