Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
imgur

This is how to add a photo to a post using imgur, a free image hosting site. There are many different free image hosting sites and each one is slightly different. What you are after is a BBcode of that image once stored. This is just one such site. Hope this helps but remember, free sites can and will change their policies so be aware you photos might possibly vanish. I used to use photobucket and that very thing happened there. For a more permanent solution use the photo sharing from this site. Things can happen here as well but anything I've stored here is still here. Data can get lost thru many reasons. This is just a warning on photos in general no matter where they are stored. I do hope this helps those looking for other ways to post photos.

First thing is you must get an account so follow the procedure to obtain one.
You need to upload any image you want to use in a post before hand and that is done by going to you imgur account and selecting +New Posts...

Then browse or drag and drop images to be uploaded...

Once uploaded, you are ready to add your images to the post you are working on. Hover the mouse over the image to get a drop down menu to get the BBcode necessary for posting...

Links

Now you are ready to add that code to your post. The code can be added anywhere you want. No other options need to be selected in this process. That code has everything needed. It will look something like this...

Finish your post and submit it. It is best done after you Preview the post where you can make changes if needed first however.

If you have already uploaded an image previously, then there is just a slight change in procedure. Nothing major but no need to upload a second time when you already have the image. So get to your account and select the image.

If anyone else has a good procedure with examples using any other way to post images, please create your own thread. Other members will surely appreciate your efforts.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.