Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a new leather jacket and I'm looking at Dainese jackets. The size 38 fits perfectly but doesn't have room for a sweatshirt underneath and the next size up, 40 is loose enough that the armor shifts around slightly.

I've never owned a motorcycle so I don't know if I'll want to wear too many layers while riding but I live in the Bay Area so because of the fair weather, I might not need a sweater under my jacket.

I would appreciate any and all advice!

M

·
0 Posts
The leather will loosen up a bit

I personally prefer a bit more of a fitted jacket for the bike

If you do need extra layers you could do something thin like a polartec rather then a sweater

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
While you are trying on jackets, check the sleeve length. With your arms at your side it may well seem they are too long but that beats having them too short when your hands are on the bars. I like my jackets slightly large because come winter I do add layers. In summer, I remove the liner and open the built-in vents just to get me up to 80ºF. After that I switch to my mesh jacket.

·
Registered
661 Posts
It's all personal. I like a slightly loose fit so I can ware a heated liner on cold days. Others may like a tighter fit, it’s up to you. There are no rules just common sense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd personally go a little bit looser if you live in a Bay area due to weather and as mentioned earlier make sure to check sleeve lenght! Straighten your arms and see if it fits!

·
Premium Member
7,971 Posts
My leather jacket is for summer use, with enough room for a T shirt and a long sleeved shirt. I do not expose it to rain, so I carry a rain coat and rain pants. My autumn winter and spring jackets, have room for plenty of under clothes.
When you intend to wear your jacket, will determine the fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts