Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How old were you when you got your first "real" bike? Did you pay for it? Did you have to convince your parents? What kind of bike was it?

Tell your stories!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
What's a real bike? I was 8 when I got my first bike but I don't know if it counts as real...

I'm sure nobody is going to accuse the souped up yz250 I had at 16 of not being real, though. That one I bought with my own money from a friend of my dad's who needed money real bad (so I got it cheap). Unfortunately I let a girl ride it and she blew the engine (love makes you do stupid things).

·
Registered
184 Posts
got my first dirtbike when I was 7 it was a honda trail 70 didnt take much to convince them all my cousins had bikes got my first streetbike when I was 16 it was a honda cb360 it took alot of convincing had to pay for that one myself when I turned 17 I bought my 82 cb900f that I still own the payments were $78.00 dollars a month the insurance was $84.00 dollars a month because they made me put it in my name my parents still hassle me today about my cbr900rr :D

·
Manbear
1,313 Posts
well, my mom and dad hate motorcycles...i was with a girl for 8 yrs who hated motorcycles....when we broke up, i started saving, finally a week before my 32nd Bday last year, I bought my bike.....better late than never.

·
Registered
17 Posts
18 years old, Suzuki sv1000s, awesome v-twin. I dropped it once in my garage and put a quarter size dent in the gas tank. Total noob move. Three months later I had my first track day, Streets of Willow, tucked the front into the right hand bowl. That was fun, bike was Ok, and I was addicted to motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
21 for me, ninja 250 (09), took a little convincing for my parents (since I had to get them to let me keep in the garage since I live at home while I'm still in school), but I pretty much told them I was getting it and did :p

·
Super Moderator
6,294 Posts
Old enough not to even have to ask my parents .....:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was 18 and I bought a Yamaha YZ125 motocross bike to go trail riding with my buddies up at their cottage.

·
Manbear
1,313 Posts
Old enough not to even have to ask my parents .....:coffeescreen:
About 5 yrs ago, i was 27, my mom was still telling me i wasnt allowed to have one. I been living on my own since i was 18 and she still tried to tell me what to do. Lol

·
SSDD
237 Posts
I was 21 and i had to convince my mom it would be fiscally beneficial for my 60mi/day commute over my 1967 14mpg Buick.. she rides too now btw. oh and the old man.. yeah i'm pretty sure he's still ****ed. It was a 1982 Yamaha Maxim 500

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
Honda trail 50 when I was 6 first bike with gears . First street bike CL 125 Honda at 14.

·
10,756 Posts
I got on the road at 12 on a Honda Hobbit. Personally I think my parents were crazy, but I guess my mom was just tired of hauling me around.

·
Registered
439 Posts
23 - I never wanted one growing up. It's just a more efficient way to commute, then with time I began to enjoy taking it into the mountains. But it's still mostly for commuting around town.

·
Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn.
210 Posts
I was 39 when I got mine.

I did get permission from the wife though.

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,671 Posts
I was 21 when I got my first bike. I argued the fiscal responsibility bit (which in my case worked because I got a GZ250). I also bought a full face helmet and armored leather riding jacket and took the MSF course to show I was going about riding responsibly.

·
Combat Vets Motorcycle Assn.
210 Posts
Woosie!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Its hard to look badass in a Harley shop when your wifes standing next to you asking if they have anything "Prettier"

I am kidding btw.

she actually said shinier.
:D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts