Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
How to Post Photos on MCF

Maybe you'd like to share a picture of your bike or are seeking help and and want to share an image of a broken part with the gurus here....

THERE IS A LEGAL WAY NEWBIES CAN POST IMAGES ON MCFORUM....

In short, you upload your image(s) to an image sharing site like imgur.com or Flickr, copy and paste a LINK to the image stored there into your posting here.

Here's a "How-To" for Flickr, using a Mac. PC will be similar. It'll take you appx 10 minutes to read this, set Flickr up, upload your first image. After that you'll be posting photos in 30 seconds or less...

first, you'll need to create a Flickr account. They're free. In your web browser open a window and go to Flickr.com, etc....

On Mac, under System Preferences, Internet Accounts enter your Flickr account and password. (This will allow you to EFFORTLESSLY upload future images to Flickr)

(If you try and upload an image to Flickr without setting up an account Mac will automatically bring up the Preferences dialog box....)

You can upload your desired image(s) to Flickr from a folder, from Apple PHOTOS or from PREVIEW or who knows what other apps, using the little upload icon (a sheet of paper with an arrow -- circled in red)

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 9.55.28 AM by wadenelson1, on Flickr

In the little dialog box that comes up. select PUBLISH

The dialog box may offer you a magnifying glass to immediately look at the image (if uploading from PHOTOS), or you may need to open a new browser tab and open your FLICKER account

Within Flickr select the picture you want to upload to MCForum

I click on the car picture....

Hit the little arrow on black background

Screen Shot 2015-12-10 at 9.57.55 AM by wadenelson1, on Flickr

Select BBCODE

Now select the SIZE you want the image, and

Now copy and paste that BBCode into your MCF posting.

It will look like

url= https://flic.kr/p/BV95tX ]
img]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5687/23573837141_6717efe979.jpg[/img]
/url]
url= https://flic.kr/p/BV95tX Shot 2015-12-10 at 9.47.32 AM[/url] url=wadenelson1]
by wadenelson1[/url], on Flickr

You can edit this code by hand to get rid of the "Screen Shot....wadenelson1....posted on Flickr nonsense" and just leave the image...

Voila!

And in case you didn't realize it, ALL of the images in this how-to were screenshots I uploaded to Flickr!

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are similar instructions for using Imgur.com. I personally prefer Imgur over Flickr, you can simply drag & drop or paste images directly into Imgur saving a few steps

Imgur will then allow you, out of your "library" to select an image, select a resize (tiny to huge) and copy the "buletin board code" necessary to imbed it on forums like this.

Create an Imgur.com account, upload your images (you can simply drag and drop them, CTL-P paste them, or use a dialog box to select them, or even copy and paste /enter a URL for an image anywhere on the web ...)

select the desired image out of your "library..."

This is what it looks like copying the code:

Choose the size of picture you want, and copy the "BBCode" to paste into your post on MC forum

This is what the code looks like: minus the DELETE

[imDELETEg]http://i.imgur.com/D1xlky5.png[/imDELETEg]

and voila, you have the image embedded in your post at whatever size you selected.

HTH

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Comments: Imgur may be friendlier to PC, it's all web-based.

Also, key step, after uploading photo, leave THAT screen which offers a LIMITED upload capability, go to your IMAGES library otherwise you won't have choices of sizes / codes

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
If you really want to post here, and lots of other places, you can also use Photobucket. All of my pictures are stored there because I never know where I might want to use them. To post a picture here, once you have uploaded to photobucket, you select which picture you want to post then just copy the code line they mark as the IMG code. Yes, they provide 3 other sets of code but that one works well. On almost any forum, including this one, just paste that line of code as if it was just so much text. The picture will appear where you post that link. I usually use a line return before pasting in the link so that I can predict the picture will look like it is left justified like this sample.

If you want to know all about a picture, right click it then look at the Image info for things like picture size in pixels, etc.
No edit required ,as you would need using Wadenelson's source. I just did a simple raw paste here.

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The "BBCode" generated by Imgur, likewise, doesn't require any cleanup.

Here's another trick: Say you want to re-post the picture of Oldman's leaking seal.... in some other thread, on another forum, whatever.

Hit the QUOTE button on his post, cut, copy and paste the BBCode for his image....specifically:

[***IMG]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/Oldman1947/HarborSeal800.jpg[/IMG]

minus the "***" of course...

Voila!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Another tip for the Photobucket users .
Make your albums private unless you want the world to see all your album pictures.As pointed out in previous post the image code is easy to get and is all anyone needs to get into your Photobucket account.
To set to private go to settings>privacy>Album Privacy set to private and save.
For representative purposes this is from Oldman1947 account hope you don't mind Oldman:)

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, you probably don't want to post any naked pictures of your, err, bike there unless you want the world to see all your pictures.

To set to private go to settings>privacy>Album Privacy set to private and save.

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
You'll get there. Just start a thread and talk to yourself.:D

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll get there. Just start a thread and talk to yourself.:D
Something entitled "Why do Republicans blah blah blah" will suffice. :coffeescreen:

Be sure and put it in the OFF TOPIC thread, unlike Vito. :biggrin:

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Seriously, Mick56. Take the 5-7 minutes to set up an Imgur, Flickr or Photobucket account. The instructions above LOOK complex but they're not.

After that "learning curve" you'll not only be able to post a photo in 30 seconds or less, you'll be able to SCALE the photo, crop it, etc. Place it where YOU want inside your post.

You'll probably find yourself using one of those sites to share photos with friends or grandkids too since they make it so easy. Easier than Facebook, esp if you have dozens to upload.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seriously, Mick56. Take the 5-7 minutes to set up an Imgur, Flickr or Photobucket account. The instructions above LOOK complex but they're not.

After that "learning curve" you'll not only be able to post a photo in 30 seconds or less, you'll be able to SCALE the photo, crop it, etc. Place it where YOU want inside your post.

You'll probably find yourself using one of those sites to share photos with friends or grandkids too since they make it so easy. Easier than Facebook, esp if you have dozens to upload.

Thanks mate, i've got a Dropbox account that i use now & then,but i dont trust the privacy on that either. 6 to go.:)

·
American Legion Rider
23,543 Posts
Try Dropshots. It's an app to store just your pictures on the net with a PC app to just drag and drop your picture from your files. Pretty slick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts