Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R on craigslist that I'm planning on buying over the weekend, bright Kawasaki green and no flaws. The guy who i'm buying it from bought it BRAND NEW last year and it now only has >700 Miles! No scratches, no upgrades, all stock and its in perfect condition. He's including the green Kawasaki HJC helmet in with the bike, but my question is how much should I be paying? He wants $5700, and KBB puts it at $5215 with 11,000 miles.

Good deal? Tell me what you think :)

·
Member Map
23,911 Posts
You will certainly be eating about $2200 in wholesale value if you pay that much.

Regardless of mileage, it's a 5-year-old motorcycle. It's real value is determined more by age than mileage.

$5700 is certainly a better price than the $10,000 for a new 2012 model.

As an investment, it sucks, but if you are planning to use it for a while, it may not be that bad.

·
Registered
471 Posts
IMO used bikes are a little different situation. If it's gently used I would pay more than if it was used or really used if you know what I mean. In this situation you have to decide if the bike is worth it. This bike's probably not even broken in yet. If it were me & I decided on the bike I would make him an offer a little bit less. You may even want to call a bank or credit union-even if you're not planning on financing it just to see what they would say about loan value wholesale & retail pricing etc. Just don't get in a hurry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts