Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
ZAMM Fanatic
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So how do motorcycle gangs, err "Clubs" actually work.

According to law enforcement most are criminal organizations making their income primarily off drugs, and stolen motorcycles.

But how do they recruit, and why is it so hard for law enforcement ever to shut down a criminal org like the Bandidos, H.A., Mongols, and the ;) Vegans, lol

They find young men, social outcasts, loners, many of whom are runaways and offer them food and shelter. But more importantly, they offer acceptance, an acceptance many of these young men have never felt in their lives, not from abusive parents, teachers, or the criminal justice system they've already had dealings with. That sense of "belonging" we all crave.

Except the clubs twist "Loyalty" into something evil. You take a young man who dearly wants to feel like they belong, to have family, family of ANY sort, and the "club" sez, "Well, if you do THIS" maybe we'll allow you to become a member. They keep dangling the carrot out in front and never allowing him to actually become a "patched" member.

So the young man will "deliver" a bike, stolen or laden with drugs. Becoming a mule. Or become a soldier, and "collect" on debts for the club --- with a steel pipe, if necessary, for those who won't pay.

Somehow it never seems he can do "enough" to get membership.

And if he gets caught, or arrested, he's not actually a member. The club denies any involvement.

Not only that, he KNOWS what will happen if he rats out the club, or its leadership. They'll kill any family he DOES have. So he goes to jail, and stays silent. When he gets out, given that there are next-to-zero employment opportunities, well, there's the club again, who'll at least give him a roof over his head.

And $500 if he'll just "deliver" this package, or this stolen bike, whatever.

Now if he's not too good at his job of being violent, or crazy, eventually attrition of older members MAY mean theirs a place for him in the club itself. He's proven himself, his LOYALTY, by not snitching when he got busted.

But if he ever threatens or goes off on a club officer, demands to become patched, he'll either disappear, get sent on a suicide mission, one where he'ls bound to either get killed or arrested (again) or sacrificed to another club as a "scapegoat" for some supposed indiscretion.

It's really a brilliant scheme. The drugs are moved, the debts are enforced by non-members, and "The Club" continues on decade after decade while these once innocent kids, desperate to belong, for brotherhood suffer the consequences.

And after a few decades, some even think this way of life is normal, respectable, after all, anyone who disrespects THEM or THEIR CLUB will pay the price. It's the family they never had, even if it's a crime family.

These are not high-IQ individuals. They're the misfits, the outcasts, the kids thrown away from society. And "the club" offers them a life, no matter how bad it may be. Getting out is damn near impossible, as it's usually "blood in, blood out." As in, to PROVE your worthiness to become patched, you often have to kill someone. To get out, well the only way out is to DIE!

Yeah, so I get torn a new one for not "respecting" the 1%'s involved in the Waco shootout. I know what these orgs are all about. And I know how completely contrary they operate to the teachings of Christ, of loving, of forgiving, of healing. They truly are angels of Satan, especially the club officers. They only harm and destroy.

Coming soon to a town near you!

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
Where'd you learn all this Wade?

That's right, SOA is rerunning pretty regularly on Netflix.

Seriously Wade, you should learn a bit more about MC'c before you write such a long load of Sh!+.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,668 Posts
I was invited to a party by a friend a few years back. When the wife and I showed up the place was swarming with guys wearing vests. Not knowing a ton about MC's "and I still don't know a ton, just a hell of a lot more than Wade" I was a "for lack of a better word antsy".
Turned out to be the night my friend got his patch. Shook a bunch of hands, drank a little shine and not one rude dude in the bunch.
It's been a few months since I talked to him, but last I did he was elected pres. of that MC chapter.

The MC is the AVMC Wade, my bud was special forces. He's probably one of the coolest dudes I know. He could also kick your ass 500 ways, but won't if you're nice to him.;)

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
Wade, you know dick about MC's, and even less about 1% MC's. If you want to read a little bit on-line and watch a TV show, then pretend like you have the slightest freaking clue, go right ahead. By all means write all you want on here. You might even be fooling a few people who, like yourself, are clueless. But for those of us for whom MC's, 1% and otherwise, are a part of our lives, you're only making yourself look like an inconsequential and judgmental fool.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,532 Posts
Well I don't know $H!T and I know Wade is full of it on this issue

·
Eating GSXRs, Sh***ing CBRs
1,895 Posts
Except the clubs twist "Loyalty" into something evil. You take a young man who dearly wants to feel like they belong, to have family, family of ANY sort, and the "club" sez, "Well, if you do THIS" maybe we'll allow you to become a member. They keep dangling the carrot out in front and never allowing him to actually become a "patched" member.

So the young man will "deliver" a bike, stolen or laden with drugs. Becoming a mule. Or become a soldier, and "collect" on debts for the club --- with a steel pipe, if necessary, for those who won't pay.

Somehow it never seems he can do "enough" to get membership.

And if he gets caught, or arrested, he's not actually a member. The club denies any involvement.
From what I know, the prospects or probates don't have much to do with any illegal activities until they receive the full patch and has earned the club's trust. Until then they guard bikes, clean the clubhouse and perform other menial tasks.

·
Premium Member
6,568 Posts
Clubs

I have been a member of the Canadian Motorcycle Club, the AMA and the Westwood Motorcycle Club. None of them resemble anything remote to what Wade has written.
My current clubs are the Silva Bay Yacht Club, and the Gabriola Motorcycle Club which has two members on account of David died. All the other local bikers have jobs, and can not make the unscheduled informal lunch time meetings.

I have many friends who are members of the WMRRA, Washington Motorcycle Road Racing Association. I was part of this club 41 years ago.
Met a member of another club last time at the Ridge. The CMA, Christian Bikers Club. He was doing corner work.

Gotta find one of them Wade type clubs. Sounds interesting.

Unkle Crusty*

·
The 43rd Poser
440 Posts
Cute story.

Some of it could be true... there is a sense of belonging and Brotherhood.

I'm not going to pretend to know what happened in Waco. But as far as I could tell, it was all patched members.....

I might suggest reading Hunter S. Thompson or William Queen for a "feel" of what actually goes on.

I live in SA, the Banditos are huge here. I see them all over, bike nights, the dealers... none have ever given me any trouble. A handshake, yes, but no trouble.

Respect begets respect.

·
American Legion Rider
18,683 Posts
Oh yeah, you got to be real careful around us American Legion Riders. I love the acceptance part and I loyally attend anything I can. Guess the delivery is my next step. Look out world. Here I come!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
As with anything in life, there will always be a few that put bad light on things. I don't blame the entire Motorcycle clubs for what happened in Waco. Just the ones that did it. Who really knows what happened there. Only those that where there. Can't believe everything the media says, as it's getting overplayed. I know plenty of people who belong to these big bad MC clubs. They are not drug addicts or convicts. They are productive members of society and would give you the shirt off their backs. But there are some that are drug addicts and thugs. But that's with everything. I'm sure theres a few librarians out there that do drugs and commit crimes.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Where'd you learn all this Wade?

That's right, SOA is rerunning pretty regularly on Netflix.

Seriously Wade, you should learn a bit more about MC'c before you write such a long load of Sh!+.
The same place he learned about conservatism.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,226 Posts
I was invited to a party by a friend a few years back. When the wife and I showed up the place was swarming with guys wearing vests. Not knowing a ton about MC's "and I still don't know a ton, just a hell of a lot more than Wade" I was a "for lack of a better word antsy".
Turned out to be the night my friend got his patch. Shook a bunch of hands, drank a little shine and not one rude dude in the bunch.
It's been a few months since I talked to him, but last I did he was elected pres. of that MC chapter.

The MC is the AVMC Wade, my bud was special forces. He's probably one of the coolest dudes I know. He could also kick your ass 500 ways, but won't if you're nice to him.;)
Sounds similar to my experience with the Exiles. They threw a big pig roast after the Toy Run one year and invited everyone to join in on the festivities, and I went down to join in on the fun. Every one of them I met that day was completely unlike how the popular media portrays them. They were regular people, just like you and I, the one difference is they had their club patch on their backs.

Respect begets respect.
That sums it all up right there. You treat people with respect, they will return that same respect to you.

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,802 Posts
My business is on a major N-S highway and just a couple of miles off of I-80. When a traveler coming through the area has a problem requiring welding they usually get sent my way, which has included an assortment of bikers. The 'affluent' customers driving class A motorhomes or high end SUV's tend to be arrogant, demanding and unappreciative, treating me like the 'help'. The bikers, by far, have shown the most respect and gratitude.

·
Nightfly
3,721 Posts
I can picture Wade being a great player in the game of Pigeon Chess. For those not familiar with the term it is defined as having a pointless debate with someone utterly ignorant of the subject matter, but standing on a dogmatic position that cannot be moved with any amount of education or logic, but one who always claims victory. The term is generally used in conjunction with an explanation that it derives from the image of a pigeon engaging in a chess match by knocking the pieces over, crapping on the board, then flying off to proclaim he has won.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts