Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many states have you ridden to?

I made it to my 50th state in 2012! Now I'm working on Canada.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
I'd say 43 with a very small amount of lower Canada.

Also Germany, France, Holland, Denmark, a very, very small part (about 100m, :biggrin:) of the old East Germany, and modern Poland.

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
Great accomplishment Rollin.:icon_cool:

I only have 8 states (WI, IA, IL, MN, MO, MI, SD, WY)

I may add a few in September if I can get the vacation time squared away...

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
I've only got twelve. But I made it from the Atlantic to the Pacific doing so. Now that I'm sorta in the middle I can make trips out to fill in the rest. But on my bucket list is a four corners trip. Not at all sure I'll make that as being retired has really limited my funds.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Riding not so many, 10 or so , Japan, Thailand, Spain and England, one providence in Canada.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Hey, doesn't Mexico count? Been there. But man the eyes on the scoot was unnerving. I was never out of sight of it. :thumbsdown: Plus I was only over the border less than 10 miles. Agua Prieta actually. I wanted to see the real town not the border town. Wasn't worth it at all. Had someone that could speak Spanish but I couldn't so have no real idea what was said except I was glad we left.:D I'm a chicken that way.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Thanks hog, add a moped in Mexico does that count?

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
When I saw that Rollin' was the thread starter I knew I'd be be slinking behind in that massive shadow.

Not many states by motorcycle for me. Oregon, California, Washington, and Idaho.

A lot more by car and semi. :)

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts

·
Driftless Rider
1,540 Posts
It' easier for the the guys out east with those little bitty states.:p

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts

·
Subversive
416 Posts
I'd say 43 with a very small amount of lower Canada.

Also Germany, France, Holland, Denmark, a very, very small part (about 100m, :biggrin:) of the old East Germany, and modern Poland.
Wow, I need to get out more...

On my boyish excursion I did,

Louisiana, Alabama, not sure if I touched Florida, Georgia, The Carolinas, Virginia, District of Columbia, Maryland, Jersey and New York.. <<----and that was on a 1978 GS550 :p

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
I am not sure. I have not ridden west much from my home but have done most of the midwest and east coast states. I have also ridden in Ontario but 1 of 10 provinces is not all that much. I rode west to OK a few years back on my FLTRU but that was not my present bike. I even took a 50 miles detour northward on that ride to add an extra state that would otherwise not have been on my path. On most forums I put up a map in my signature line of visited states on my present ride.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Id have to pull out my fingers and toes but I've a few in the mid-west I have hit all the eastern states and a few southern, I want to ride Europe big time, been there in a car, Id love to ride a bike out in Germany and Spain.

·
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye
8,665 Posts
31 for sure, but we may have clipped a few more in the New England area coming back from Canada.

·
American Legion Rider
23,605 Posts
Well it turns out adding them up in my head doesn't work so very well. I missed a couple. But you can see I made it coast to coast. I hadn't done one of these since my RV days. Ha, I didn't have near as many with the RV.:coffeescreen:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts