Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 32 Posts

Registered
Everything changes , always .

I've been riding since 1964 . I had a riding buddy back in '72 - '73 . Other than him , I ride/rode alone .
I never joined a club of any sort . This and other forums are the closest I've come .
There are millions of sites . Finding one you can live with is the challenge .
Just know that it isn't forever . ;)

Registered
GREAT thread ! .

I agree 100 % that aging hinders riding .

I'm still riding, I thought I needed a lighter & smaller bike hence my Honda CB125S that only weighs 200# but last year I bought another full sizer and am enjoying riding it even though it's 750 # (!) .

I no longer like to ride after sunset, might be my eyesight, might be I see so many red light and stop sign runners .

The folks that join clubs and then fail to do the thing the club supposedly supports then kill off said club are myriad, try to avoid them .

I joined the BMW club years ago and no one rode, that was weird . when I was the only one to ride to a club meeting in the rain I realized they weren't serious and dropped out .

The GWRRA went to great lengths to chase away anyone who had an old Gold Wing, that's plain old stupid .

As with most things in life : do it until you no longer enjoy it .

I see now harm in still hanging ut here on line after one stops riding, I know at least one here who doesn't ride yet tries to tell others what to do and think .
Hmm, I probably ride more since retirement .
But , yeah , if it ain't fun , I don't have time for that . ;)

1 - 3 of 32 Posts