Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I was just wondering once the Yamaha vstar 1300 or the boulevard m109r get over the 100000k mark do you have to start replacing parts or are they tuff as nails thankyou all motorcycle lovers.

·
Charter Member Black Bayou Basturds
380 Posts
Very few if any motorcycles go for 100K miles without some kind of repair...no motorcycle is bullet proof. If it's got 2 wheels it's gonna go south on ya sooner or later.

·
American Legion Rider
25,916 Posts
There are a lot of Goldwing riders that would disagree with you on that. And it looks like the Indians are the same as are Victory. Harley is a **** shoot. Some can and some can't. Stock bikes normally can. It's when people start tweaking their bikes that problems develop. But if you rate normal maintenance as "some kind of repair" then you are correct.

·
Visionary
5,255 Posts
110K miles on my daily ride to work,a 2008 Victory Vision, in all weather, 120 miles a day. Other than gas, tires, oil, and brakes the only real repairs I ever did were I replaced a $20 spring in the torque compensator at around 70K since it was making a bit of noise, and I replaced the head bearings around 105K.. $40 worth of parts there but it was a fair sized job. I just rode this bike 1000 miles in 18 hours on Christmas day and I have no reason to doubt it will see 200K miles.
If anything I would consider a good Japanese bike probably would last even longer, I think I sold my Vstar with about 60K miles on it, ran just like new.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Charter Member Black Bayou Basturds
380 Posts
I said repairs....if you had to use a tool on any of your bike(s) then it's a repair....
and I do not consider air , oil filters as well as tires , batteries as repairs............. and with any bike regular maintenance that's just being aware of the limitations of your bike.
And I dd say "very few of any motorcycle" ....I've rode well over half a million miles on 13 motorcycles and nary a one made it to 100K miles on the odometer without some kind of repair or replacement of a part......
And Goldie riders are very friendly ( at least all the ones I have met on the road ) , but some come off as a strange bunch... and their claims of a zillion miles without repairs are a tall fetch...

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I don't think regular consumable replacement parts would be considered a repair.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,501 Posts
Well is using a tool is considered repair, than an oil change would be a repair

·
American Legion Rider
25,916 Posts
I said repairs....if you had to use a tool on any of your bike(s) then it's a repair....
Then under your definition that gets every bike ever made so you would be correct. Wrong but it's yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts