Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New rider here, I am in the market for a Honda CBR250R. I have my mind set on getting this little guy but my only concern is that I have about an hour and half commute to college. I live on campus so I would only be making this trip 4-5 times a year. The rest of the riding will be within 5-10 miles of campus. This bike fits perfect in my budget (trying to stay < $5000.00) but the last thing I want to do is burn out the bike... Thanks in advanced. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
New rider here, I am in the market for a Honda CBR250R. I have my mind set on getting this little guy but my only concern is that I have about an hour and half commute to college. I live on campus so I would only be making this trip 4-5 times a year. The rest of the riding will be within 5-10 miles of campus. This bike fits perfect in my budget (trying to stay < $5000.00) but the last thing I want to do is burn out the bike... Thanks in advanced. :thumbsup:
Provided proper maintenance....that bike will only take you approx 80,000 to 100,000 miles in any direction of your choosing. You pick the where and for how long, you will likely give out before the bike.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
How it does that hour and a half for YOU is how interesting the ride may be. I run a 2-1/2 hour ride up where I used to live. On the flat boring crap it seems like forever, but when I get on the good stuff it's over rather quickly. I do the whole run in one sitting on either the streetbike or the dual sport. The constant transition of turning on the good stuff makes the long time in the seat on a narrow saddle not difficult to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts