Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

do you guys think this bike is worth the price? I already have my own gear so i could sell the jacket and helmet.

Since I cant post links, the post ID is: 5152684825 on sfbay.craigslist.org

Thanks!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I would think it would depend on how you value the add-ons, including the jacket and the helmet.

You should be able to get a new one, stock for less than his asking price. Not sure about in Cali or the Bay area though. But most places a new one stock would go for less than that.

Hello,

do you guys think this bike is worth the price? I already have my own gear so i could sell the jacket and helmet.

Since I cant post links, the post ID is: 5152684825 on sfbay.craigslist.org

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think it would depend on how you value the add-ons, including the jacket and the helmet.

You should be able to get a new one, stock for less than his asking price. Not sure about in Cali or the Bay area though. But most places a new one stock would go for less than that.
I visited the dealer yesterday, and a new one is 3900, but after their fees and tax, it came out to be 5.5.

·
Registered
809 Posts
That's sounds absolutely crazy to me in terms of taxes and fees! I don't know what the sales tax and registration runs there, but $1600 in taxes and fees on a $3900 bike? YIKES!!!!!!

Also, bear in mind that you will still have some additional costs on a used bike as well... registration, tag, etc.

I visited the dealer yesterday, and a new one is 3900, but after their fees and tax, it came out to be 5.5.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's sounds absolutely crazy to me in terms of taxes and fees! I don't know what the sales tax and registration runs there, but $1600 in taxes and fees on a $3900 bike? YIKES!!!!!!

Also, bear in mind that you will still have some additional costs on a used bike as well... registration, tag, etc.
Theres a 480$ freight fee, 480 assembly fee, plus tax and dmv.... I thought it was absurd too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Seems too expensive! Visit couple of other dealers and negotiate well.
I've seen people buy new bikes for less than this price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts