Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aging & Worn
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that it hasn't happened of course, because I'm sure it HAS..........

Has anyone received a motorcycle for Christmas? How was it presented? How was it wrapped?

Must've been difficult to HIDE!?

-Soupy

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
My neighbor got one for Christmas. His wife had me ride it home while he was at work and I put it in the living room next to the tree. I have no idea what she did after that, I'm guessing a ribbon. I'm expecting a call to get it out of the house since he won't be able to do it. I also highly recommended he doesn't ride it until he takes a course. He's not the best when it comes to anything mechanical.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
My wife has a new Indian Scout on pre-order, and she/we were excitedly HOPING it would have arrived by now, but sadly it didn't. :( Apparently Indian Scout pre-orders exceeded expectation, and the factor couldn't make them quickly enough.

If it DID show up in time for Christmas we would have probably just stuck a Christmas bow on the handlebar :D

·
Very Famous Person
9,840 Posts

I would just get a huge gift bag and ride it into it. But if I had skills for such things, it would look like this.
--

Wow! Wouldn't that be a super way to present a gift! Just the appearance of the wrapping is great.

--

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,879 Posts
My wife has a new Indian Scout on pre-order, and she/we were excitedly HOPING it would have arrived by now, but sadly it didn't. :( Apparently Indian Scout pre-orders exceeded expectation, and the factor couldn't make them quickly enough.

If it DID show up in time for Christmas we would have probably just stuck a Christmas bow on the handlebar :D
As a Scout Owner with 1,000 Miles + Now, can tell you She will still think it's Christmas when it arrives .. :)

·
Charlie Tango Xray
763 Posts
The only person I would buy a motorcycle as a gift would be my wife. And if theres one thing I've learned from being married to her for over 35 years is, never buy anything as personal as a car, motorcycle, lingerie, etc;) without her picking it out first. Besides I think going through the whole buying process, (picking the model, color, accessories, etc) is an important part of the experience.
However........ For our 25th anniversary we both secretly ordered each other new snowmobiles. The only person that knew was our snowmobile dealer. Without ruining the surprise, he made sure we each got the machines we really wanted by covertly asking us each questions and then "just throwing out suggestions" on what we should order for the other. Imagine both our surprises when we each opened small gift boxes with snowmobile keys on our dealers matching key chains. :biggrin:
Again, like I've mentioned before on other threads, having a lifelong friendship with your motorsports dealer = priceless.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts