Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't owned a watch in about 10 years. The reason is that everything has a clock these days, whether it be a car, a VCR or a computer (which I've been spending more and more time in front of). But a motorcycle's different, and most watches are designed to be attached to a part of my body that has rather a large glove over it when I'm riding. My fall/spring glove goes half-way up to my elbow.
I have a birthday coming up, and I asked for a watch that could fit over my glove, but my family is complaining that they don't know where to get such a thing. So how do you guys keep time on the road?

·
Registered
126 Posts
funny you should ask.. my bike has a clock, but being 25 years old, the button to set the time doesn't work. So, each time I disconnect the battery, the clock resets itself to 1:00 and starts from there. So currently, I add 2 hours and 55 minutes to whatever the clock says and that is the correct time.

One of these days, I'll just disconnect and reconnect the battery at 1:00 and be done with it....

Randy
aka Hightower

·
Certified Homeless Biker
2,554 Posts
Never. Only look at the time before and after my rides :)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What if you were perfectly comfortable but then you looked at the thermometer and it told you that it was cold?

:)

·
Registered
503 Posts
When it's getting dark, it's time to go home.......:D

My Roadie has a clock built into the speedo, but I rarely use it

Rat

·
Certified Homeless Biker
2,554 Posts

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
I just got a cheapo $11 watch from Walmart and wrapped it around my handlebar. It took a few minutes to find the perfect location, but it works like a dream.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have no real need to tell time while riding. If I'm on a ride for fun, I don't care. If I'm riding to get somewhere I have to be, I always leave WAY too early so I know I won't be late.

But... I do wear a watch on my left hand. If I get curious I get curious I just pull my gloves back and take a look. Guess that doesn't help you since your gloves go up almost to your elbows. I guess the $11 walmart watch on the handlebats would work too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a small LCD clock mounted on my handlebar clamp cover. It attaches with velcro, and it also includes a thermometer and a back lighting button. Best of all, it came from Walmart, so it was cheap.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
the way to wear a watch over your glove is to buy an oversized watch band, or just get a strip of velcro (long enough to go around the glove) and use it for a band (I had an older Timex Ironman watch with a velcro band, so I know they do make them)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts