Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. I think I've been looking for this place a long time. I like that all bikes are welcome and when I read the XL600R thread I joined. Explored Virginia on an XL many years ago, so a good outcome is nice to see. Great job!
Right now I ride a DR350, an MT09, and a Z900. Bought my first bike in '71. A Yamaha AT-1 Enduro. Yellow tank, black pinstripe. Recently sold a KLR for nearly what I paid new. Used bike prices are way up!
Getting ready to retire soon and planning on taking a few laps of our country and Canada. Probably on a T700 or something similar. Who knows what might show up.
Anyway, hope this isn't too long. Really looking forward to reading your experiences even though it may take awhile to get thru all of the threads.
Two finger down salute to all of you!
Sky Plant Tire Wheel Motorcycle

·
Registered
943 Posts
Welcome aboard, and that would make for some change of scenery Houston to Canada and nice ride!

Reactions: F8S

·
Zip
2,432 Posts
Welcome from northeast Ohio. If you pass by this way you'll have to stop and say hi.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome from Colorado your first bike a 71 Yamaha AT1 currently have a fully restored 1972 Yamaha RT2 360 love those old Enduros. I retired Just this year and currently ride another antique a 1982 Suzuki GS850GlZ love the old inline 4's silky smooth and plenty of power to keep up with any liter bike. Again welcome.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome from Niagara Falls. That is a great pic. If and when you come through here PM me and I’ll ride with you for a bit.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome from Colorado your first bike a 71 Yamaha AT1 currently have a fully restored 1972 Yamaha RT2 360 love those old Enduros. I retired Just this year and currently ride another antique a 1982 Suzuki GS850GlZ love the old inline 4's silky smooth and plenty of power to keep up with any liter bike. Again welcome.
Thank you Sir. Rode an RT for my endorsement test. Great memories, would love to see your bikes. :)

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from Niagara Falls. That is a great pic. If and when you come through here PM me and I’ll ride with you for a bit.
Just realized that you're the owner of that beautiful blue and white gixxer. Really well done! I wonder how many guys here are drooling over that pic. (y)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just realized that you're the owner of that beautiful blue and white gixxer. Really well done! I wonder how many guys here are drooling over that pic. (y)
Thanks. She took a real good photo that day. She is 100% mechanically and carefully back to factory spec but the fairings need some love. I purchased her from a good friend who has the exact same bike in the red and black scheme. We are gonna take the sisters to a few cruise nights and enjoy them.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,432 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Reactions: F8S

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Discovered some good riding over around Leaky (Leakey?) Texas too.

(It's been a few years ago.)
Yes Sir you are right. The 3 Twisted Sisters of Texas. I'm about 4 hours away so I truck the bike over and stay for the weekend. Planning to be there next month. Nice twisties are slim pickens in Texas. The smart riders head to Arkansas.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
I actually went to Texas several years ago when the fall season started hitting here and it got cool. I knew it would be warmer further south in Texas so I packed up and went. I spent a couple days riding the Three Sisters and then decided I might head on down to Corpus Christi.

I spent the night in a rest area and the next morning was overcast and looking bad. Rain was coming from the direction of Corpus Christi, so I decided to go east, (since I had already been to Corpus Christi some years earlier). I got out from under the clouds and in the sunshine, nice and warm. A few miles of that dried out my boots, for some reason when I got in the rain, I didn't want to stop and put on my rain suit.

I ate supper in Houston or one of its suburbs and found a great spot to put up my tent on the Trinity River. It was great except for all the sand. (And that night, every teenager with a pickup truck had to come out and do donuts in the sand). It was entertaining for a while, but by 9:30 or 10:00 PM I was ready to go to sleep.

The next day I went to a friends in a San Augustine and stayed there a night before going home. That hot shower and a real bed felt so good, but the best part was being treated to steak supper.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts