Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I was getting a couple weeks of schooling in Houston, longer ago than I first thought. Anyway, I liked being able to drive down to the coast for the biggest shrimp (yeah, I know, oxymoron) dinners.

All I had ever had was "popcorn" shrimp. So when I stopped in a little "shack" and saw 4, 6 and 12 piece shrimp dinners, I thought who would ever think 4 shrimp would make a dinner?

So I ordered the 12 piece dinner. Boy was I surprised! I didn't know shrimp got that big. Yeah, I finished my 12 shrimp, but I wasn't able to eat all the fries. :)

Went back a few years later with the wife, she loves shrimp.

·
American Legion Rider
18,889 Posts
Looks like they needed a break so y'all could look at your cell phones. Those oh so important things that cannot be ignored for a few hours. Man I wish I was that important. My phone goes untouched once I hit the road. Well, after I get my music playing. I hear the messages come in and the calls. They are just ignored until the end of the ride and the bike is put away for the night. And I might let the phone just sit there for days or until it needs charged up. But it must feel nice to be that important that you have grab that phone as soon as you can.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like they needed a break so y'all could look at your cell phones. But it must feel nice to be that important that you have grab that phone as soon as you can.
I think one of the guys in the picture was starting to date Jessica Alba. He was very eager to reply to her text.

The MotoHouston usually breaks up group rides into a fast group "A" and slower one "B". Even though it was a warm day, the brisk pace kept things cool. There was a dude who should have stayed in the "B" group. He took a turn too hot and ran out of skill. He low sided his Hayabusa. He was OK and resumed the ride. That Suzuki is great for straight-line speed but it's long wheel-base makes tight turns challenging.

·
Visionary
2,973 Posts
My wife's Indian riders group finally figured that out after having a bunch of chaos on their group rides, they are all cruiser riders of course but there is a huge disparity of skill levels and it was causing a lot of issues. So now they informally break into the slow enough to smell the roses group and the agressive group and the fast guys have a pre planned spot to stop and wait for the slower bunch. I've ridden with them a few times and been amazed how long we had to wait for the B team, they must have really been pushing their skill level trying to keep up before they started splitting up the group so this is safer for all concerned.

usually breaks up group rides into a fast group "A" and slower one "B". Even though it was a warm day, the brisk pace kept things cool. There was a dude who should have stayed in the "B" group. He took a turn too hot and ran out of skill. He low sided his Hayabusa. He was OK and resumed the ride. That Suzuki is great for straight-line speed but it's long wheel-base makes tight turns challenging.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
At least they got off the road and parked before checking their phone messages. Photo should be shown nationwide so cage drivers would know how to do it safely.

·
Registered
80 Posts
News today said a witness in the ice cream eater case, was shot and killed. Wonder if they are linked in some way.

UK
Yeh, I heard that too. Apparently the witness (Joshua Brown) was critical to the case and without his testimony they may not have gotten a conviction. A year ago he was shot at a strip club so it seems he runs with a rough crowd but there were plenty of people associated with this case who would've had a reason to kill him.

A private citizen has offered a $100,000 reward for info leading to an arrest in the shooting (the city is offering $5,000). I think there's definitely some sort of link.

More info here:

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/10/06/slaying-joshua-brown-botham-jeans-neighbor-draws-widespread-speculation-details-police/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts