Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote to the good folks at Revzilla, asking for their recommendation for the lightest weight, maximum airflow summer riding jacket. I told them that while I own a few mesh jackets, summer heat behind the fairing of a Goldwing, even with Baker Wings deflecting airflow onto me past the windscreen can still make riding less than fun. Once it gets over about 85, in all honesty I must say that I rarely wear any jacket at all, and I just accept the risk of riding in just a nylon shirt or cotton t-shirt. This is the jacket that Revzilla recommended for me. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-superleggera-mesh-jacket. I'm starting this thread for two reasons. First, others here may have the same need as I do, and two, I'm hoping some participants of the forum have this actual jacket and can comment on it.

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
Really? They would recommend a black jacket in the heat of summer. Wow! I'd be curious where they tested it. Also as to what others say about it that have one.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have a black mesh Nitro jacket. It is great on an unfaired bike -- as long as you are moving. But behind a windshield on a sunny, hot day, or stop-n-go in traffic, that black color is a killer. It gets HOT, FAST. I am looking now for a white , off-white, light gray, or even garish fluorescent green or yellow mesh jacket for really hot weather. In the meantime, I have a light gray lined canvas L.L. Bean windbreaker, not sold as a riding jacket but suitably styled and more protective than a shirt, that in hot sunshine fully zipped up is cooler than the black mesh unzipped.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't realize at first that this jacket only comes in black. I agree that it makes little sense to wear a black jacket when riding in extreme heat, and I have replied to Revzilla to that effect.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That Dainese jacket with the D-stone fabric looks like it would be hotter than my all mesh jacket.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I'm looking at this one. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-eclipse-jacket. I already own a Fieldsheer mesh jacket, but often it still feels too hot. I'm hoping the Revit Eclipse is better. But I sometimes feel guilty thinking about how many motorcycle jackets I already own. Looking for the perfect jacket, like looking for the perfect boots or gloves or helmet gets to be an expensive process.

Reactions: SilverFatBoy

·
Charlie Tango Xray
768 Posts
I have an older Fly Coolpro mesh jacket in medium grey. Love it. Sometimes I'll wear a thin, long sleeve wicking material tee underneath it. The only spots I get sweaty is under the armor or where my smart phone is in the pocket. And that's in stop and go traffic in really hot weather. I've also noticed, as I get older, I need to lay off the caffeine (the large coffee at every pit stop) if I know I'll be riding in hot temps.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up ordering a Klim Enduction jacket. Somewhat expensive, but I have always thought of Klim as a high end vendor of quality items, so I took the plunge. Everything I have read says this jacket has airflow as good as it gets. Once I get it, and once the weather gets warm (yesterday we had 6 inches of SNOW and this morning its 29 degrees, on April 28th!) I'll update this post with how well it works.

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
Somewhat expensive
I'd hate to see what you call expensive then for a jacket full of holes.

Yikes!!!

·
American Legion Rider
25,978 Posts
Somewhat expensive
I'd hate to see what you call expensive then for a jacket full of holes.

Yikes!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts