Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Save them all!
4,278 Posts
I was considering riding up coastal NH and Maine tomorrow - heard it's been a bit cooler over there.

Vermont is a great state for riding! I have the chance to ride route 9 across southern VT a few times a year - really nice ride!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was in St. Albans Vermont many moons ago, ( early 80's) I could not believe it could get so hot and steamy up there. Vermont is a beautiful state.
I'm not from New England originally, so it really shocked me how crazy the vegetation is. You're in Florida so you know tropical settings, but were you as surprised as me just how thick the forests are up here? I think it's great. One of the things that make Vermont so beautiful is all the green you see, literally everywhere.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Never mind all that. You gotta go in the fall and ride scenic route 100. Amazing colors and views!
That's a great ride! I go through phases of riding the wheels off in different areas, and the VT100 sector and its offshoots what it a couple years ago. I'd more or less stick straight to it, and ride up to Waterbury for Heady Topper (delicious!). I've been using the magic of the internet to come up with routes that utilize more rural roads. Those can be awful fun, if not a bit too rugged on occasion for a bike like mine (think non-maintained seasonal roads). There's so much good variety around here. In fact, there's a stretch from VT100 to...I think it's route 7 that's called "Appalachian pass" (route 17, maybe?) that's just downright awesome riding. Well, would be if the road weren't in such poor condition.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was considering riding up coastal NH and Maine tomorrow - heard it's been a bit cooler over there.

Vermont is a great state for riding! I have the chance to ride route 9 across southern VT a few times a year - really nice ride!
That's a fun one too! I'll often go straight up via VT100, loop over and down into NH and then take 9 in NH through VT and into North Adams Mass. That's all great riding, though maybe not a whole lot cooler over here. I had one tiny shred of exposed skin on my wrist, and my wife was laughing at me when I got home because it was so red it almost seemed to shine.

·
Biker
1,637 Posts
Never mind all that. You gotta go in the fall and ride scenic route 100. Amazing colors and views!
I know just what you mean, I am originally from New England and have been up in New Hampshire during the foliage season, it is truly a beautiful sight and where I lived in the back of Attleboro, near Norton and Rehoboth, out in Western Mass. A biker will always find great places to ride.

·
Biker
1,637 Posts
I'm not from New England originally, so it really shocked me how crazy the vegetation is. You're in Florida so you know tropical settings, but were you as surprised as me just how thick the forests are up here? I think it's great. One of the things that make Vermont so beautiful is all the green you see, literally everywhere.
I have been very amazed at the forest up there in New England, every area has it's own vegetation, the rivers, tho mountains, been up to the 'Notch' in Franconia N.H. quaint New England towns and villages

Just as happy down here though but I do miss the crispy cold air at times as I'd walk an old r.r. line. But once I get out of St.Pete and over to route 39, miles of great riding, farms, fields, cows, old stores, railroad tracks, go East on 60 same thing, North on 301 hills all over, could not believe it,
This is why riding a motorcycle is great, somehow it all looks better on a bike. . .what can I say?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,305 Posts
'PORKY,' was the name of my first new Harley, a BIG red Electra Glide sport and when I joined the Dealers HOG chapter then it just 'clicked,' Big Bike, some call a HOG so I decided to call mine 'Porky' :grin:

PORKSTER is Okay as long as you use it with respect and say MR. Porkster:wink2:

Sam:nerd:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
'PORKY,' was the name of my first new Harley, a BIG red Electra Glide sport and when I joined the Dealers HOG chapter then it just 'clicked,' Big Bike, some call a HOG so I decided to call mine 'Porky' :grin:

PORKSTER is Okay as long as you use it with respect and say MR. Porkster:wink2:

Sam:nerd:
Better yet, "Dr. Porkster"!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts