Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, since I've got the new bike, I've neglected the old 50cc for a few weeks. Just been sitting covered up all sad and feeling unwanted so, I decided to take the tarp off and give her some love... MISTAKE!!! Soon as I pulled that cover off hornets flew everywhere and I dropped that tarp and ran like hell lol I stood there inside for a minute with a "wtf" expression on my face and grabbed my jacket, gloves, boots and helmet and searched around the house for a minute, first thought was hairspray and a lighter.. nope, fuel.. bad idea lol Grabbed some carb cleaner and it was war.. For some reason before I started spraying I referenced to Dirty Dancing and said, " Nobody puts baby in a corner!!!" And sprayed and stomped them as they dropped.... Thanks carb cleaner and all your nasty toxic chemicals. You saved me and my bike..

·
Registered
166 Posts
I hate those damn things.

But why not use a commercial wasp/hornet spray? Most of those kill pretty good and do not generally ruin paint and damage plastic as much as some other solvents like carb and brake cleaners might?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate those damn things.

But why not use a commercial wasp/hornet spray? Most of those kill pretty good and do not generally ruin paint and damage plastic as much as some other solvents like carb and brake cleaners might?
None on hand and I was in battle mode lol it was just under the seat. No paint to be ruined but I did whipe it off afterwords. No harm done.

·
American Legion Rider
25,975 Posts
Hornets here are the ground nesting kind but I still hate them. Now yellow jackets, those little attacking [email protected] will build anywhere and everywhere here. I keep the commercial wasp/hornet spray on hand everywhere. In the garage, shop, front porch, back porch and even carry some in my little ranch truck to use at the barn and cattle squeeze shoot. They can show up days after you knock them down in the same darn spot. It's best to get them in what little cool of the morning we have but it hardly ever works that way s have to do the best we can when we run into them. Worthless little critters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts