Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· On The Road Again!
4,156 Posts
I think instead of focusing on how it looks, you should focus on how it sounds.
LOUD would be my choice!!!
:devil::devil::devil:

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,558 Posts
Like this

or this

or this Paula?

Darn those are huge photos.:(

· SUPER MODERATOR
7,681 Posts
Here ya go! No electrical connections required and when you give it a hearty push it really wakes people up!:wink2:

Harley Electra Glide horns and late model Goldwing horns are very loud compared to most out there. Harley has a round 'nostalgic' horn that is beautiful and I had one on my Electra Glide:smile_big:

Sam:nerd:

· Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,722 Posts
In my opinion the horn should be an immediate modification for almost all new bikes, a lot more practical that the normal changing of the pipes or an after market seat. Almost every motorcycle I have ever owned has had an almost useless horn that no one, and certainly not a car driver with his radio blasting and the windows rolled up, would ever hear. My Goldwing is the first and only bike with a horn worthy of the name, and even with that one I am thinking about finding a good air horn that can wake the dead.

Reactions: Porky

· On The Road Again!
4,156 Posts
I agree with you, Vito. Every bike I had was the same way.
Even my '99 Goldwing had two little "meep meep" horns.
Sometime during the 1800 model production, the Goldwing finally got good loud horns.
It took 'em long enough!

On my '99, I replaced the original horns with a pair of car style horns from
Harbor Freight. They were better, louder.....but still not good enough for me.
Then I added a pair of air horns. That did the trick.
Now, when I hit the horn button, I get all four horns!!!....two electrics and two air horns! Definitely gets their attention.

· Administrator - American Legion Rider - KA5LRS
22,558 Posts

· On The Road Again!
4,156 Posts
Quick funny horn story....
Way back in 1970, I decided I needed a louder horn on my Honda CB350.
So I got a set of air horns and attached them to the crashbar facing forward.
And they were loud, so I had to take them out for a short ride.
Only a few blocks from home, some woman in a big station wagon started to
pull out in front of me from a side street that had kind of a steep approach to the main road. I laid on the air horns and she hit the brakes so hard that the front bumper of that big mushmobile hit the ground! LOL!!
Yup! The horns worked!

....But it got better!

A couple of miles away, on a street called Ridgewood Road in Maplewood N.J., there is a side street that merges into Ridgewood at about 30 degree angle.
And there is a stop sign at the end of that street, but I'd lived there long enough to know that NO ONE ever stopped or even slowed down for that
stop sign.
So I'm now heading down Ridgewood and through the trees I can see a car
approaching that merge at a good clip. He and are about to meet at the merge. Just as both of us get to the merge, I laid hard on the air horns again.
That guy locked up his brakes, smoking the tires!....and promptly got hit in the ass by the guy behind him because HE wasn't going to stop either!!!!
I laughed all the way home!!!
:devil::devil::devil:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.