Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself a VT1100 Shadow and the owner got around 500 to max a 1000km total in the last 3 years(know this for sure). Motor was checkd got new oil and sparkplugs.

Now I have been riding it for a couple of days and it's leaking a kinda greenlike oil from the bottom (drips falling from the tube at the bottem). Only after driving it for some time. Checkd the oil and there was plenty in it. Almost even to much. I'm kinda thinking this isn't a to great of a thing because im guesing it's oil mixed with cooling liquid. Any ideas what it can be?

Is it just because it was idle for some time and im activly using it or is it a bigger problem? (motor is not overheating)

·
Gone.
17,873 Posts
If the oil leaking out the tube is the same color as the oil you see on the dipstick then I'd guess it's excess oil getting blown out due to crankcase pressure. That can be kind of normal, depending on how your crankcase vents and how much oil is in there and what not.

If it's green more like anti-freeze green and frothy looking then I'd guess you have a damaged head gasket or other leak of cooling fluid into the oil. That's not normal at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts