Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Honda VFR800F 2015 motorcycle Test ride.
Shot with the GoPro Hero 4 black edition on Juli 1st 2015
Amsterdam to Durgerdam and back.

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
Is it just the video or is this guy actually steering the bike instead of leaning more and counter-steering? I don't watch many of these so maybe they all look like that but it sure looks like he's actually steering that bike.:confused:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it just the video or is this guy actually steering the bike instead of leaning more and counter-steering? I don't watch many of these so maybe they all look like that but it sure looks like he's actually steering that bike.:confused:
I am not totally sure what you mean, I am sure that this type of bike is new for me, so this is me as a noob trying this bike.
Any tips ? :)

·
American Legion Rider
23,631 Posts
That explains it then. You probably are steering it a little but that will go away as you get used to riding. It just popped out at me is all. At some point in your future you will need to learn counter-steering. That's when you purposely push the bars the opposite way you want to go and surprise surprise you will actually go the way you want. But you need to get some miles first unless you find an area where you can experiment by pretending to avoid something in the roads when you are at speed. It's an eye opening experience to say the least. You'll need it some day on a corner you've gone into too hot. You are just fine for now but it's something you can look forward to.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the explanation ;)
In the first corners I felt right away I was doing something wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts