Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Six-String Jockey
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks! I picked up a 1970 Honda Trail 90 at the same time that I got Bluebelle. A twofer! Anyway, I wasn't sure what to do with it since I already had a Honda Trail 110 - Trail Dude of course. Then fate brought a very heads-up young man and his father to the Stable one day and it became obvious what to do. I'd teach him how to restore the bike, he and his dad would pay for all the parts, and then the bike would be his. Cool.

Here is the bike as it came to me last fall. Not bad, but it needs help. The muffler has rotted severely and must be replaced. No battery. Some bad cables . . . you know, the usual for a 44 year-old machine.

Here it is all stripped and getting its first wash.

More as it develops - which will be quickly because the young man who will get "Little Joe" (as he has already named him) is 14. With the typical 14 year-old patience level.:p

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Well, my congratulations go out to that young man. I certainly hope he realizes the opportunity that is being handed to him!! To learn from the master Graceshredder is just priceless. I so wish I could send my grandson your way for the same experience. I also hope he continues to follow in your shoes and obtains the same level of pride in his work.

Yep, please do keep us posted. Hopefully this will be another build thread to follow.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
Hello Apprentice and welcome to the Forum. Be fore warned that we are a demanding group and expect to hear that you are really paying attention and learning from the master. Many of us would pay for the education you are going to receive. OK, now that we have that out of the way...LOL!!

We really do welcome you to the group and can't wait to hear how things are going and see some pictures. By the way, once Little Joe is as great of a ride as Trail Dude is, if you decide you really don't want him I'm sure there is someone that will be watching that would adopt him in a heartbeat. ;)

Good Luck & have fun!!!

·
"Young Grasshopper"
351 Posts
Hello Apprentice and welcome to the Forum. Be fore warned that we are a demanding group and expect to hear that you are really paying attention and learning from the master. Many of us would pay for the education you are going to receive. OK, now that we have that out of the way...LOL!!

We really do welcome you to the group and can't wait to hear how things are going and see some pictures. By the way, once Little Joe is as great of a ride as Trail Dude is, if you decide you really don't want him I'm sure there is someone that will be watching that would adopt him in a heartbeat. ;)

Good Luck & have fun!!!
thanks and im proud to say I im learning so much and I will b paying attention ;)

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
What, no baggies??? How is he to really learn if he doesn't have to label baggies of parts and wait for the paint to dry??? :D :D

·
Six-String Jockey
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What, no baggies??? How is he to really learn if he doesn't have to label baggies of parts and wait for the paint to dry??? :D :D

Oh the baggies are there . . . lots of them. You can see a tray of them just in the background behind the handlebars. Also, I meant that the paint had been drying for 2 days . . . nice writing skills on my part. :frown:

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
LOL!!! I was mainly trying to raz the Apprentice. I should have known you wouldn't let him get by that easily.

Thanks! I needed that laugh today. When all is said and done, you MUST show him how to make a wall sign for Little Joe ... and now I can't stop snickering.

·
"Young Grasshopper"
351 Posts
I'm lucky

Today once I arrived at the stable I found that the master was not there, but he had left a message with his wife for me to start immediately. So, for an hour I worked with the bikes watching closely and gave all the bikes a complementary Chrome polish until the man himself arrived on hustler.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts