Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
26,080 Posts
Makes you wonder why everyone, or some anyway, claim motorcycling is in decline.

Reactions: Porky

·
Swamp Rat Rider
1,918 Posts
While never knew the figures spent enough in the Orient , Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Viet Nam that was plainly thought over in every country I mentioned that Honda was the finest Motorcycle Built Bar None .. While some over that way do like Harleys for the Prestige, Sound and Looks they still know why Honda is #1 ..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Back in the 80's Honda used to try new ideas that sometimes didn't work. I owned a first year XR 350 dirt bike that was a disaster. It had their new idea 23 inch front wheel and two carburetors on a single cylinder engine. The ignition crapped out, the head gasket blew and the transmission failed. I eventually sold it for parts.

Now I own my first Honda street bike, a CBR500R that I have 55,000 trouble free miles on, and the quality throughout the bike is a step above my previous Kawasaki Ninja 650.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Although I don't have a Honda right now, I have put a lot of miles on them. Most of the problems I have had on a Honda, was owner inflicted.
You know how it goes, someone asks "Whats behind that cover?" I don't know, hand me that screwdriver. Oh, shouldn't have done that.
If it works, don't fix it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ride a BMW R1200RT, 05 - after having put on a Russell Day Long and Ohlin's the bike has hit the 15 year parts replacement phase. Man, I would love to get an ST 1300 but the wife says, "You dumped so much into the BMW at this point why get a Honda?" I see her point, but my belief in the BMW's reliability is not too high. And years ago I had a Honda that never gave me a problem. Oh well, if this thing leaves me stranded there will be a Honda in my future.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They stopped making the ST1300 years ago:) I just sold it's replacement, a 2014 CTX1300D :)

The new R1250 RT, GS and the standard 'R' series turn me on right now!

I've had 5 Beemers: R65, R80RT, R100RT, R1100GS and a K1200LTC, all supurb bikes:)

Really, come to think about it, ALL bikes turn me on, some more than others.

Sam

·
On The Road Again!
4,221 Posts
I've owned 15 bikes over the years.
Four were BMWs.
Ten were Hondas.
(and one Kawasaki)
The Beemers were all early ones, 1966,1963, 1958, and a 1974 R90/6 that I bought new.
Now THOSE beemers were reliable as all heck. The new ones I wouldn't want.
And all of my Hondas ranging from a '64 Honda 90, to my current '99 Goldwing have been
rock solid reliable. All it takes is regular maintenance.
In other words, be good to them and they'll be good to you.

Reactions: Porky

·
Visionary
5,302 Posts
Honda cars and Honda bikes have the reputation of being long lasting and as reliable as an anvil. I'm sure they have had some duds, but on the whole they have earned an enviable reputation for building solid products for a long time. I've had Honda cars and a Honda bike, none of them disappointed me.

·
Registered
79 Cb750f
615 Posts
Somewhere out there Honda has one of those pie plate graphs. U know, showing how many bikes sold in a certain size of slice. India and Indonesia were by far the largest slices.
The USA? Wasn’t even big enough to get a slice. They had a line, with an arrow pointing to it, saying “other countries”. Lol.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,938 Posts
I haven't had all that many bikes in my 35 years of riding since I tend to hold onto a bike for many years. But without doubt the most worry free bikes have been the Hondas. I currently have two bikes, a 2016 Goldwing and a 2019 PCX150 scooter. Before I bought the little scooter I looked around at what else was available but none seemed to have the feel of quality of the Honda. (I will say that I did a demo ride on a 300cc Vespa which was interesting. Very fast and seemed solid, but something about the ride made me scratch this scooter off my list. And it was literally twice the price of the Honda that I ended up buying.)

I guess I am a Honda fan. There was a time when every vehicle in my garage, bikes and cars, were all Hondas. Even now, thinking about what I might buy when I have to admit that I am just too old to handle the 900+ pound Goldwing, I am mostly limiting myself to what Honda has to offer.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My current ride is a 2014 Honda cbr500r with 56,000 trouble free miles. What I find most different from my previous bike, a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650, is the quality of the fit and finish. The Honda body panels fit with fewer gaps and there is no rattle of plastics from vibration. On the other hand, this close fit is achieved by using lots of fiddley fasteners and panel tabs and slots.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Last year Harley Davidson celebrated making it's 5 millionth motorcycle.
Honda does that every 3 months.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,550 Posts
20 million a year?

·
Visionary
5,302 Posts
20 million a year?
Amazingly yes, 20 million a year according to this online article.

Their total production over the years is 400 million!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
15,550 Posts
Damn that is a lot of bikes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.