Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a Honda s90 that I'm need if trying to obtain the correct year of. I know they are from 1964 to 1969. I've been told I have a later year as mine has the Mikuni II carburetor. I have the frame number and trued contacting Honda about this and they said they couldn't access any information on it. The correct year would be great to know as I don't want to order parts for my restoration and have to keep returning them. Sny help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
10,063 Posts
The S90 leads you to 64 to 69 I think. The other clue is the OHC motor. The early C200 which is a Trail 90, has a push rod motor. I am thinking all the OHC motors are similar in the piston end of things. The gear box and clutch may have changed depending on the year. The motorcyclespecs site does not list them ( C200 or S90 ) very well, but other places might. There is a group for the CT90, which is the model for all the newer Trail 90s. Bound to be someone on that group who is familiar with your bike.

UK

·
Premium Member
5,800 Posts
Post your serial and we should be able to get real close. It will also help if you get a parts book, as they usually show the serial number range for certain parts and when it changes.
Frame and engine numbers were only loosely connected to year, as Honda didn't use model years per se; often, the year was assigned by the date it was delivered or sold. The parts books back then listed parts by frame or engine number, which was the only way to determine what revisions had been made. Unfortunately, many sellers now don't include that info on their sales pages, and may not even know. A Honda parts book may be the only way to find the correct parts by number; I'd start searching, or find a MC shop that retains their old books.

·
Vintage Rider
428 Posts
CORRECTED. It's S90 - 113996
I have an S90 with the serial # S90-129184 that had an original 1965 Title. Yours being older (earlier serial) would certainly be a '65 or even more likely a late '64. As mentioned the wiring harness will have a build year on it from Sumitomo Electric showing when they made the wiring harness. If it say's '65 it can't possibly be a 1964. A lot of folks take that date as the actual year, but that is incorrect as it typically sits in Honda's bench stock for 6 months to a year. So a '65 Harness could just as easily be in a '66 model. Just not the other direction. If it was mine and the harness says '64 that's what I would use if you're trying to reconstruct a title.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts