Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
American Legion Rider
20,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tried to post this on Frontpage Articles but couldn't so since it's rather serious I'm posting here just to get the info out. Article about a Honda recall.

Thanks Dodsfall for getting this moved to the top of each sub-forum.

·
American Legion Rider
20,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I prefer recalls to hiding things like companies have been known to do. The stigma of recalls that a company is lousy in some way should be the last thing in our mind. Safety should be number one. I wish they would do more recalls myself but that is a personal preference. To me it means they are doing there very best. Somethings do show up long after all the testing has been done. So a recall should be looked at as a good thing. They are still paying attention.

·
6,987 Posts
I have a 2012 Goldwing and haven't been notified but of course, I read about the recall on various forum's many times. I have yet to receive a letter or notification from mother Honda. Here's what I did:

To test brake dragging, I periodically cruise along at say 40 mph, put the trans in neutral and let the bike 'coast' and discern if I hear or feel any rubbing of the disc to the rotor. My GW apparently hasn't been affected and maybe that's why I haven't been notified of the recall on my VIN.

Sam:)

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I heard its all a plot by Kawasaki.

·
Left. No, the other left.
219 Posts
The stigma of recalls that a company is lousy in some way should be the last thing in our mind.
I've personally always thought more highly of companies that did voluntary recalls, and were vocal about getting things out.
No matter how much testing they do, some new issue will always turn up...

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I've personally always thought more highly of companies that did voluntary recalls, and were vocal about getting things out.
No matter how much testing they do, some new issue will always turn up...
I think you got that right. A solid responsible response to an issue always sways my in favor of those who identify and try to correct problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts