Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CB250

How is it that this particular bike Honda CB 250 nighthawk is sold to this date with the same designing!???
In india the CB 250 is of different motoGP look?
Why is that in some blooper videos i have seen many superbike crashes and many pieces of it are seen scattered? Are the expensive foreign superbikes available in USA made of glass material?
Cause indian expensive bikes when they take a fall, hardly some scratches are seen!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

In india, its called honda CB unicorn. The seat layout is same, fuel tank shape is same, just the headlight is not a round one. Also the weight seems same, the front fork suspension is not 125degrees as in nighthawk, but 110degrees. Then the indian version has a monocross rear suspension!
The engine of both the bikes looks as if of the same dimension, but the indian version is said to be 150cc!
I think in south east asia this night hawk bike is infact a off-roader and is called a yamaha dragon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1999 250 Nighthawk (5,300 miles). It sat for several years before I bought it. I put a new battery in it and everything lit up but the starter would not go. After it sat for a while I went back and this time the starter engaged and with starting fluid shot in the intake it started up. Put fresh gas in it and it now fires right up. Problem is that when I put it in gear it dies. I am thinking it is electrical. when the nuetral light goes out it goes dead. (Just thinking out load) Also noticed that Starter is cout out of the loop when it is in gear. Most bikes I have had starter works in gear.

ANY IDEAS for anyone.

Bruce

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is this group still active?

I've had a few Nighthawks- both 750 and 250, stuck w/a Rebel now accidentally but have my eyes on a 250 NH. I dont like the large side covers and wondered if anyone has or has seen some that have been altered? I would like to shape mine to resemble a standard oval side cover- and an open shock. Not sure how to incorporate the tail light, but I hope to hear/see some others ideas, but I am not afraid of experimenting w/fiberglass.
Anyone seen a 250 with a 1/4 fairing like the one I had on this 750?

george in Tallahassee

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is this group still active?

I've had a few Nighthawks- both 750 and 250, stuck w/a Rebel now accidentally but have my eyes on a 250 NH. I dont like the large side covers and wondered if anyone has or has seen some that have been altered? I would like to shape mine to resemble a standard oval side cover- and an open shock. Not sure how to incorporate the tail light, but I hope to hear/see some others ideas, but I am not afraid of experimenting w/fiberglass.
Anyone seen a 250 with a 1/4 fairing like the one I had on this 750?

george in Tallahassee
I see my post 9 months ago was the last one here, so this forum must be finished. The REBEL has a nice site, too bad I cant find one for the 250 Nighthawk

·
American Legion Rider
26,362 Posts
... he said he bored out his CB250 to 54mm and wants to know the consequences. I said those parts will be like new.
But no mention of needing a new tune but doesn't say what year. Will it not need a different tune? Would sure seem like it to me but maybe his is computer controlled and will adjust as needed. I'd be surprised myself but maybe I'm missing something. :unsure:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
... he said thanks for the assurance, the bike is assembled and running again (y)

You don't need to change much when you just replace the pistons with one oversize, one additional millimetre of bore doesn't alter the engines displacement enough to matter. It's just an old style Honda 250cc twin Rebel type engine with a single carb, no electronics to flash or anything fancy.

·
Registered
moto honda cb 250 Nighthawk de 2001
3 Posts
... il a dit merci pour l'assurance, le vélo est assemblé et fonctionne à nouveau (y)

Vous n'avez pas besoin de changer grand-chose lorsque vous remplacez simplement les pistons par un surdimensionné, un millimètre d'alésage supplémentaire ne modifie pas suffisamment la cylindrée du moteur. C'est juste un vieux moteur de type Honda 250cc twin Rebel avec un seul carburateur, pas d'électronique à flasher ou quoi que ce soit d'extraordinaire.
[/CITATION]
d'accord!
merci bien.

·
Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
3,978 Posts
When I was an MSF Instructor in the 1990's we used Nighthawk 250's as our primary training bikes and I found them reliable and a great beginner bike. I wish I had bought one then and kept it around as an in-town ride since with that small engine it struggled to keep up anything near highway speed. But those little 250's took a lot of abuse by the students and rarely gave us any problems at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts