Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_CB250

How is it that this particular bike Honda CB 250 nighthawk is sold to this date with the same designing!???
In india the CB 250 is of different motoGP look?
Why is that in some blooper videos i have seen many superbike crashes and many pieces of it are seen scattered? Are the expensive foreign superbikes available in USA made of glass material?
Cause indian expensive bikes when they take a fall, hardly some scratches are seen!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

In india, its called honda CB unicorn. The seat layout is same, fuel tank shape is same, just the headlight is not a round one. Also the weight seems same, the front fork suspension is not 125degrees as in nighthawk, but 110degrees. Then the indian version has a monocross rear suspension!
The engine of both the bikes looks as if of the same dimension, but the indian version is said to be 150cc!
I think in south east asia this night hawk bike is infact a off-roader and is called a yamaha dragon!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1999 250 Nighthawk (5,300 miles). It sat for several years before I bought it. I put a new battery in it and everything lit up but the starter would not go. After it sat for a while I went back and this time the starter engaged and with starting fluid shot in the intake it started up. Put fresh gas in it and it now fires right up. Problem is that when I put it in gear it dies. I am thinking it is electrical. when the nuetral light goes out it goes dead. (Just thinking out load) Also noticed that Starter is cout out of the loop when it is in gear. Most bikes I have had starter works in gear.

ANY IDEAS for anyone.

Bruce

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is this group still active?

I've had a few Nighthawks- both 750 and 250, stuck w/a Rebel now accidentally but have my eyes on a 250 NH. I dont like the large side covers and wondered if anyone has or has seen some that have been altered? I would like to shape mine to resemble a standard oval side cover- and an open shock. Not sure how to incorporate the tail light, but I hope to hear/see some others ideas, but I am not afraid of experimenting w/fiberglass.
Anyone seen a 250 with a 1/4 fairing like the one I had on this 750?

george in Tallahassee

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is this group still active?

I've had a few Nighthawks- both 750 and 250, stuck w/a Rebel now accidentally but have my eyes on a 250 NH. I dont like the large side covers and wondered if anyone has or has seen some that have been altered? I would like to shape mine to resemble a standard oval side cover- and an open shock. Not sure how to incorporate the tail light, but I hope to hear/see some others ideas, but I am not afraid of experimenting w/fiberglass.
Anyone seen a 250 with a 1/4 fairing like the one I had on this 750?

george in Tallahassee
I see my post 9 months ago was the last one here, so this forum must be finished. The REBEL has a nice site, too bad I cant find one for the 250 Nighthawk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts