Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Im brand new to this site and not real sure how it works but hopefully someone can help me out.
I just got a 1991 nighthawk 750 and the petcock is leaking fuel out the back side. I'm lead to believe this is due to a torn diaphragm and that you can get a rebuild kit for this.
Has anyone out there had this problem or have any experience with working on the petcock? I would like to get some idea of how hard its going to be to fix this. I'm pretty mechanically inclined but have virtually no experience with motorcycles yet. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am not a mechanic at all but I felt like I should share this:

(Apparently I cannot post links yet.Youtube 'How to fix your motorcycle petcock without a rebuild kit ' the video is done by a user named: mrmaxstorey)

He fixed a leaking petcock without a rebuilt kit and goes in VERY good detail. I stumbled across this and then saw your post and thought I should at least share it.

GL!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I know changing out a petcock is easy. I did it myself, and I'm the type of person who can screw up changing a lightbulb. I don't know about rebuilding one, but the petcock I brought was pretty cheap, under 50.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts