Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a funny story, basically i bought this bike two months ago from a shady ass guy who seemed okay at first. One day into having it the battery went. No probelm he said he can grab me one. Well upon waiting for like a month i put one in myself yesterday. I managed to chage the old one and start it up just fine once halfway thru that month. Now i start it up, and it seems to run for a second before a massive amount of oil comes out of the left hand side under the gas tank it seems. Also the oil flooded the dipstick area so its impossible to read. Thoughts? Thanks!

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,359 Posts
Drain it and refill it with the right amount of oil. Make sure you clean all the old oil off of it. I may just have had too much oil in it. Best scenario.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill try it out soon, if i come across issues again ill post pics. I may have to take the front of the bike off to see inside and possibly get under that tank. Thanks!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it turns out one of the hoses simply popped out and thats why oil when everywhere. It was a bitch because it was right under the gas tank and previously mentioned, but now i need to make sure it starts properly, any tips?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts