Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I finally decided that after this long lockdown here in Ireland, in August I will be doing a country road trip with my partner on my Honda Hornet 900 (or CB 919) 2005.

However I'm planning some adv-touring modifications. One I'm struggling to plan is the front fork swap:
I always liked the golden Olhin upside-down look and I noticed Honda have done something similar in the new Honda CB650R. Also my front fork is chronically leaking oil, no matter how many times I try to fix it or bring it to a professional mechanic.

Finally, I've read of some front swap with sports bikes such as the F4i and RC51 so I know is possible.

Do you know where I can find more information regarding the parts required, how to check if a fork is compatible with my bike and if there is any detailed instruction somewhere of someone that has done it before and shared his/her experience?

Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go to WristTwisters.com. There is a lot of information on fork swaps, and other modifications to that specific bike there. I'm a member there too. My username is Toybuilder73 over there. I actually joined here just to answer your question. Looks like I will stick around to check this place out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to WristTwisters.com. There is a lot of information on fork swaps, and other modifications to that specific bike there. I'm a member there too. My username is Toybuilder73 over there. I actually joined here just to answer your question. Looks like I will stick around to check this place out.
Thanks 919, I'll check it out! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts