Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I’m looking to buy a 125cc and I’m looking at the Icebear Fuerza but I have a question : their both 125cc bikes but it says the top speed of the Fuerza is 50mph and the Grom is 60 but their both 125cc.. so how is there a 10mph difference ??

· SUPER MODERATOR
10,555 Posts
Get the Grom. Who would want a scoot called Icebear?

Scoots are geared differently and have different HP ratings and one tester weighs 100 lbs and the other is an American weighing 200 lbs---simple physics.

Sam:)

· Loves All Motorcycles
1,268 Posts
It's a hit and miss with Chinese brands. Some Grom clones go faster than the Grom, some as fast, and some slower. The Icebear is arguably the best quality of the Grom clones, however it is slower. Gearing, carbs, and weight will be your main culprits as the clones all basically use the same GY6 engine.

Would I buy a Grom clone? Sure. My first three motorcycles have cost me a total of $2k. It's hard for me to justify nearly $4k (or even their used price around these parts) when a highway legal, running motorcycle could be had for a third of the price.

· SUPER MODERATOR
10,555 Posts
You get what you pay for and 'quality' is it's own reward:grin:

Pretty soon that little $500 scooter will be much, much, much more expensive as 'equal taxes' are applied to imports from China. China also 'Dumps' products at very low cost, all over the world, just to ruin the local markets and then the companies, if privately owned and I doubt it, are reimbursed for their losses. Many countries do this:surprise:

Do yourself a favor and research 'Chinese motorcycles and scooters' before you buy:surprise:

Sam:nerd:

· Loves All Motorcycles
1,268 Posts
Oh yeah, my Honda Rebel is proof that Honda knows what they are doing. It's so smooth, so comfortable, quiet-ish, and turns heads doing it!

Of my three two wheeled contraptions, the Chinese scooter (150cc) is the non-runner of the group. Though, that's being a little hard on it as the previous owner let it sit for ten years. That said, it definitely feels much cheaper than either my Buell or my Honda despite being newer (2008 vs 2000 and 2005). All the buttons feel like they're a good bump from shorting out!

The Chinese scooter basically exists so I can do silly experimental stuff with it and not feel bad if it gets broken or wrecked. Then of course, the Gambler 500.

Reactions: Porky

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I’m looking at the Icebear fuerza because my first bike was a Icebear Maddog which was a ruckus clone, already stretched out, fat wheel on the back and it was a fantastic bike. Didn’t have one problem with it until I hit 6,000 miles and it was a simple drive belt issue. And honestly I think the Fuerza looks better than the grom.. not to mention it’s less than half the price.

· Registered
2021 CanAm Spyder RT
4,335 Posts
So why did you ask? Seems you have already decided. Personally I prefer to stick with a brand that I have learned to trust for reliability and responsiveness if a problem results. I have owned numerous brands of motorcycles but overall the Hondas that I have owned have been the most reliable. For me that means sticking with Big Red and I would wait to save up a few bucks so I could buy the Grom.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I think I’ve made up my mind and going with the Icebear. It’ll save me over 2,000$, it looks cooler, weighs less, all parts are compatible with the Honda Grom it looks like so with that extra 2k in my pocket I’ll buy a few parts, make a tweak here and there and I’m sure I’ll get that extra 10mph I’m looking for ?

· Registered
78 Posts
I also just bought the Fuerza. Its so much better looking than the Grom. All parts are compatible. And Icebear is a great brand name. The bike is schedualed to be delivered tomorrow actually. I plan on doing a unboxing video. Will update and keep those posted interestered.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.