Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. Just thought I would pop in here with my old dream. I bought this as a project , did a few things and starts riding ! Then decided I wanted a bigger bike , so the dream now resides in the living room.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool! Do you still ride it often?
No , not too often , I do like to take it to some bike-nights/runs and love to cruise it at street rod gatherings. At any bike-run you typically see 50 black Harleys , but only one Dream ! Can't tell you how many leather-clad bikers want to have their pic. taken with this bike ! Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Oh I LOVE those bikes! I had a 305 Superhawk in 1966 and put a LOT of miles on it. I had considered looking for one for a project but would have a hard time leaving the Harley at home and riding the Hawk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh I LOVE those bikes! I had a 305 Superhawk in 1966 and put a LOT of miles on it. I had considered looking for one for a project but would have a hard time leaving the Harley at home and riding the Hawk.
Trying to figure this out not sure where to reply lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry

Hi working on ca95 and was wondering if I could be directed to a place to find parts
Mine was pretty complete when I got it. I did find a couple things on e-bay , and there are some sites that offer new and old parts DavidSilverSpares is one Also check the Dream forum , those guys know their bikes.www. honda 305.com/forum Good Luck with your project . These bikes are real head turners on the street !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no kidding !

That's why mine sets in the living room while I ride the Suzuki !

·
Charlie Tango Xray
763 Posts
Love those old Hondas. I don't think they got enough credit for making riding popular back in the day. And some of the first motorcycles you didn't need to wrench regularly on the side of the road.:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
true

Love those old Hondas. I don't think they got enough credit for making riding popular back in the day. And some of the first motorcycles you didn't need to wrench regularly on the side of the road.:)
I can't remember how many folks have told me the same thing. So many stories about this being their first bike , etc. I remember lusting after these when I was a wee lad ,in junior high school !

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah, my best bud in HS and I bought new Hondas when we got our learner's permits in 1966. He got the 305 but I lusted for the 250 Scrambler. Both of us had to get our fathers to cosign loans on the about $600. prices. Seems to me his dream was about $25. more than my scrambler.

We rode the heck out of those things - up to Tahoe several times and once a round trip to LA from our just north of SF homes. Just the idea od doing that now makes me shudder.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I just happened to pick up parts of 2 1967 Honda Dreams last week and am working on getting the first one running.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
12,848 Posts
sweet

·
Registered
943 Posts
Spent a couple of months getting the bugs out of the '67 Dream, new rings, hone the cylinders, replace the coil, overhaul the carb, and then fighting with mixture problems for weeks but it is now running like a charm.

This winter it gets stripped for new paint.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts