Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm a first-time motorcycle owner, and I just so happen to be lucky enough to own a 1974 CL125 as my first bike! It's very small just like me lol. I have to jump and slam my full weight down just to kick start it. Anyway, I'm trying to make sure I do everything right. I've started dewinterizing her, (so far only general cleanup and tire pressure) and I'm having trouble finding info about CL125s on the internet. Anyone know what kinds of oil, oil filters, and gas I should be using? I probably won't take her to a mechanic just for this, my dad's been doing all the maintenance on his Interceptor since I was a little kid and he's going to help me out as long as I get the parts. (And also, any recommendations for a small helmet? The one I have is a little too loose for comfort.)

·
American Legion Rider
26,421 Posts

·
Zip
2,613 Posts
The purpose of a helmet is to protect your head from impact, so don't skimp. But that doesn't mean you have to spend lots of money. Look for a helmet that is Snell or ECE 22.05 rated. I use an HJC CL-17 full-face helmet. It is Snell rated and cost me just a bit over $100. If there is a motorcycle gear store near you (Cycle Gear or something like it) go try some helmets on to find one that fits you. Cycle Gear carries their own brand (Bilt), many of which are ECE 22.05 rated and not expensive.

Accident studies show that the majority of head injuries occur to the chin, jawbone, and sides of the head. These are the areas that a full-face helmet will protect, and that a 3/4 or open face helmet will not. Food for thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts