Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I have a '97 honda CBR 1100. I am wondering if these bikes turn the signal off from banking (or a timer) or only turn off manually. Right now mine doesn't, but it never has since I've had it. It would be nice if it could turn itself off after I turn.
please reply if you got any insight!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
a few older bikes used a mercury switch (I think) to turn off the blinker after a turn, newer Harley's also have auto shut off blinkers (not sure what they use though, level sensor or timer) but I have not heard of any sport bikes that had them, but I don't know that much about sport bikes.....

·
├•┤ Pew Pew
1,660 Posts
It would be nice but I have never heard of one either. Can't count the number of times I had my signal on for too long with my old bike, at least now I have lights by my Tach that blink when they are on :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have never heard of a sport bike being able to do this

I have never heard of a sport bike being able to do this during that time period you may be able to utilze a newer harley system

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I was not aware of any bike that had turn signal turning off automatically.
My vStar 1300 had self canceling signals. I think they shut themselves off after a specific distance after starting from a stop. If I turned them on while doing a lane change, they would stay on forever, IIRCC.

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
Harleys use a combination of lean detection and an accelerometer. Like a car, the signal will stay on when changing lanes, but will cancel once you turn the corner and accelerate away. They will also stay on if you are waiting in traffic to turn and only cancel once the turn is made.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Just looked through a bunch of sites, does not look like they had an auto cancel. On my 91 CBR1000, just push the the turn signal switch to cancel.

·
Honk if you've never seen a gun fired from a bike
821 Posts
My roadstar has it, but it doesn't work if I don't go over far enough. No idea how it works though. First bike that I've had to have it. However I'm in the habit of pressing the button to cancel.

·
Registered
454 Posts
It makes me not want to use them cause its a pain in the ass to cancel them all the time. If u forget (which i would always do) u can annoy others and cause traffic to slow down. You'd think with today's technology they would have them on all bikes

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dad's $30k K1600GT has a touchscreen nav/computer that you control with your thumb, heated grips, electronic suspension adjustment on the fly, satellite radio, pretty much every cool electronic device you could think of for a bike, but you still have to turn off the signals yourself.

·
Member Map
23,909 Posts
My dad's $30k K1600GT has a touchscreen nav/computer that you control with your thumb, heated grips, electronic suspension adjustment on the fly, satellite radio, pretty much every cool electronic device you could think of for a bike, but you still have to turn off the signals yourself.
There is a certain irony to that.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
$30,000 US Dollars?! :eek:

My friend paid about $25,000 for the K1600GTL with all the bells and whistles ...and the GT is cheaper.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts