Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks. I’m a complete noob and just got my first bike. It’s a 2004 Honda cbf 250 and it has a bit of a clunk when the clutch is engaged. If just sitting in neural and idling it sounds nice and smooth but when the clutch lever is pulled a clunking sound starts up and same when using the clutch while riding or when Reving high while riding. I’ll post a link for a video of it on YouTube and if any clever folks who listen to it could tell me if it’s normal and not to worry or if it’s an issue and what the problem could be is appreciate it a lot. Thanks folks
https://youtu.be/61DoYVJkFeM

·
American Legion Rider
25,902 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD, and...

You can see where I'm from, well, you can if you have that feature turned on, how about you. And I'm curious about the name, care to explain?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hi Scott, welcome to the forum.

I looked at your video, and to me, the engine didn't sound entirely healthy at idle with the clutch engaged either.

You actually joined up at a kind of an in-opportune moment, as the forum was just migrated over to a new server and is in a bit of flux right now. I'd recommend posting comments in some other threads, or responding here a few more times. When you get your post count up, you will be able to repost your question in the Repairs or the Honda section, and perhaps get more experienced or knowledgeable opinions.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I'm not familiar with your modal bike. I did watch the video and think that there is a possibility that the pressure plate is backing into the clutch cover.

It has happened on my bike (EX500). That shiny spot in the middle is where it was rubbing on. This is an "after picture", after my fix. I don't have a "before picture". I ground down the area that was getting rubbed on, did a dry run test and even a re-inspection a year later and can tell it no longer rubs.
This may be something worth checking into in your case. It shouldn't be much to remove the clutch cover for an inspection. I would suggest getting a replacement gasket before hand though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts