Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new CB300F on the way in several weeks for my daughter to learn on and as an addition to the stable for tooling around town. I'm pushing 68 and some days a 600 lb. bike that's tall is just a little much, a 349 lb. bike has a certain appeal. She may love it to death and if so It's hers but the deal is it's in my name and on my insurance policy $50.00 mo. for her to pay for the insurance. It may come back if she moves on to a bigger bike later. I bought this bike on reviews and just sitting on it. It's a solid little kit. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the bike? https://goo.gl/photos/XeAkRbeLJE5uw1r57

·
8,599 Posts
I'm an old Vet too! (1966-1970)

The Honda CBR 300 should be an excellent starter bike for her! I see by the picture that it's the naked CBR which will be easier to do maintenance on.

I like the red, white and blue one myself.

I hope she takes a safety course and is real careful when she rides.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
All safety courses are in order. In Virginia she will have to take the initial course to get her license. she has been riding her son's dirt bikes for years so she will pass with flying colors. I will sign up with her for the remaining courses and hopefully end up with track days. I have had a motorcycle license since I was 15. I wonder what they will think of me with a 37 year old Suzuki GS1000E the bike Wes Cooley tore the planet up with in '78 (well he had a S model breathed upon by Papa Yoshimura. Mine is essentially the same bike but factory stock). It will still run 130. The only colors we get in the US are 2015 red, 2016 black. Canada lucked out with color choice. I'm going to have the seat recovered and have something put in there to get it out of the 45 min. numb ass category. The stand out theme might just be red white and blue. It's too much black and red so I'm looking for a color scheme to set it apart and complement it well. I'll have plenty of time to wring it out before she gets her license so I'll know the bike for my part of her training.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts