Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced tailpipes on my 1971 Honda CB175...kickstarter pedal now hits tailpipe..is there a pedal from a different bike ?????

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Take it off, bend it very carefully so as not to break it and put it back on. Other starter levers might work on it but the problem is to have about a hundred different kickstart levers to try on it, or it's not possible.

·
Registered
670 Posts
IIRC that OEM muffler had a flat molded there possibly to stop that. It won't take much bending and much easier if you heat the spot on lever up with a torch. Don't overheat or the chrome will damage.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
The wiki link don't work for me but you're absolutely right the original one was a very nicely formed 2-piece stamping.

·
Short Fuse
852 Posts
TBOLTUSA.COM/STORE/KICK-STAR. Has a curved Kick Pedal...Looks like it will work...THANKS for all of suggestions ..
Keep us posted on whether it works.

·
Short Fuse
852 Posts
You want him to bend his new muffler :unsure: might work
I believe that he was agreeing with you to heat and bend the kick lever.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I believe that he was agreeing with you to heat and bend the kick lever.
Either way I hope the kick starter he orders fits the CB's spline shaft diameter and the number of teeth, clears everything around it and tucks in nicely, that would be impressive.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Seems to me that a block of wood and a 2 pound hammer would have the problem solved in about 10 seconds .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts