Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my bike didn't turn on when I twisted the key. I found out that my ignition switch was broken so i manually connected the black and red wire to turn on the bike. Everything worked and as I tried the blinker the neutral indicator light was blinking, instead of the blinker. Then the bike suddenly turned off and I saw that the fuse had blown. I took a look on the wiring diagram and there the winker relay is suspiciously connected to the ignition switch as well as the neutral indicator light, so it makes sense that this happend, but in total this doesn't make sense at all. Am I just stupid or is the wiring diagram incorrect?

·
American Legion Rider
23,610 Posts
It would be nice and appreciated if you would go to the New Members forum and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself. Folks tend to open up more if they feel they know you just a little bit.

·
Registered
554 Posts
On the older Honda bikes the Black (Bk) wire is actually the main power. If you look the red comes from the battery into the ignition switch. This leaves the switch as black, that is powering everything else on the bike. So yes it is supposed to go to the winker relay as this is where it gets it's power. From the winker it goes into the common on the blinker switch. From there it will go to the left or right light using LB or O (Light Blue and Orange) That then goes to the bulbs then to ground. That is the circuit path from the battery to ground. This circuit should not be able to pop a 10A fuse. If it does then there is another issue somewhere that is causing a short. Honda also likes to put all the junctions inside the headlight bucket. Remove the bulb and check to see if all the silicone shields are still there around the barrel connections and also follow the schematic to make sure everything is plugged into the correct wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts