Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8,572 Posts
The tires are 15 inch ones so it's not really small but maybe not full size either.

I bet it will sell well here as a dualsport for beginners.

Sam:biggrin:

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
Not really my thing. It has a look to it as though the suspension is nearly collapsed. Doesn't appear to have the clearance or travel that a serious dual-sport would. It kinda reminds me of the Honda Fat Cats.

·
On The Road Again!
3,827 Posts
The luggage rack is too small, almost useless in fact.
That huge luggage-melting muffler is ridiculous. Anything you have hanging down the side of the bike will be ruined from the heat.
Liquid cooled 400 cc?? Way too complicated and adds extra weight. Make it an air cooled bike and I'll be interested.
I'll stick with my old Trail 90 for now. Simple, quiet, lightweight, goes anywhere.

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,208 Posts
I bet that will become a popular bike for the MSF BRC.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks like the love child of a Ruckus and Grom.

I have read that Honda is attempting to recycle their designs versus coming up with parts unique to each model (re: Harley Davidson) in the interest of reduced production costs, and that engine looks suspiciously like it could be a "reduced-effect" CB500 mill --- for those not in the know Japan's home market is ripe with "reduce effect" versions of their existing models sporting sleeved cylinders/smaller bore pistons & correspondingly lighter crankshafts in their 500-800cc motors. Google the EX400 Ninja, it's an EX650 minus two pounds via said smaller bore pistons & lighter crankshaft. Ditto for VT400 Shadows & Steeds (reduced effect 750 & 600 Shadows respectively) and 400cc versions of the Intruders & Vulcans as well.

Now look at this new 400cc concept motor next to the existing CB500 motor:

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
Air cooled 400

The luggage rack is too small, almost useless in fact.
That huge luggage-melting muffler is ridiculous. Anything you have hanging down the side of the bike will be ruined from the heat.
Liquid cooled 400 cc?? Way too complicated and adds extra weight. Make it an air cooled bike and I'll be interested.
I'll stick with my old Trail 90 for now. Simple, quiet, lightweight, goes anywhere.
Like my XS400. DOHC 400cc. Low pipes, easy to mount bags, or in my case, ammo cases.

Unkle Crusty*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts