Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Shaper Of All Things Metal
2,799 Posts
Hey Hog & Billo... this might be the ticket when the time comes to make a change. Guessing the price will be waayyyy out of my range though. :frown:

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
If it's the one that leans I've been waiting for it. But just how many more problems will that mean in the end? I think Harley even had one on the drawing board at one time. If they can make into production so folks can afford it, it will change the whole trike industry.

·
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, the Piaggio MP3 series, one a 400 and one a 500, affiliated with Aprilia and Vespa.

A flat 4 engine in this like the original Goldwing--maybe:biggrin:

Sam:coffeescreen:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yup the 1st big company, be it Honda or Yamaha (or .....) to bring to market a capable trike that actually leans into corners, will sop up a huge market share. I can't wait to see it.

I also am pretty sure CanAm is also working on getting a leaning trike into their future plans too, if they're smart

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Hmmm, an updated 4 cylinder wing engine? That could be very nice. That's all the engine I've ever needed to begin with. I don't understand this bigger is better thing going on now anyway.

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Yup the 1st big company, be it Honda or Yamaha (or .....) to bring to market a capable trike that actually leans into corners, will sop up a huge market share. I can't wait to see it.

I also am pretty sure CanAm is also working on getting a leaning trike into their future plans too, if they're smart
Can-Am made such a mistake with their 2013 models that they may never recover from it. I'm not sure anything drastic like a leaner would help. Would mean lots of research and design with not any real hopes to recover.

That 13 model soured many customers and they've not seen the full impact from word of mouth yet. Negative advertisement if you would is still at play.

We have a 12 and happy with it but I know for fact I'd never buy a first year leaner from them. So take that for what it's worth.:D

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
If it's the one that leans I've been waiting for it. But just how many more problems will that mean in the end? I think Harley even had one on the drawing board at one time. If they can make into production so folks can afford it, it will change the whole trike industry.
Harley had the original patent for the leaning front wheel design. I saw it about 8 years ago. They decided not to pursue building the machine and either let the patent expire or sold it to someone else.

Looks like Honda is going full bore on this. Not my cup of tea, but it sure looks better then the Can-Am or that other thong back trike thingy.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,420 Posts
Guy I bought the Springer from bought a slingshot.

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts

·
On The Road Again!
3,849 Posts
Can-Am made such a mistake with their 2013 models that they may never recover from it. I'm not sure anything drastic like a leaner would help. Would mean lots of research and design with not any real hopes to recover.

That 13 model soured many customers and they've not seen the full impact from word of mouth yet. Negative advertisement if you would is still at play.

:D
So what's the story with the 13 Can-Am that was such a mistake?
Not having a Can-Am, I haven't heard what happened.

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
So what's the story with the 13 Can-Am that was such a mistake?
Not having a Can-Am, I haven't heard what happened.
News to me as well. I tend to skip over any trike articles I see in my newsfeed.
They were catching on fire. They now have got a fix for it but the damage has been done.

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
14,420 Posts
Did he just come out of the closet, or was he openly gay all along?
Nope, he sold the Springer and the Ultra because his wife couldn't ride any more. Not sure why she can't ride anymore. At least this way they still get out in the wind together.

·
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would have bought the Spyder long ago but after going to their web site and perusing all of subjects about terrible reliability, I'd have none of it. Hopefully, the new 3 cylinder model will be more reliable and the spontaneous combustion issues have been rectified.

The Slingshot is akin to driving an oversize GO KART. DANGEROUS:frown:

Sam;)

·
American Legion Rider
23,769 Posts
Yep, that 3 cylinder is supposed to be awesome. But I've seen how slow they are to react to known problems. They still would be claiming it wasn't an issue if they weren't about to get a forced recall. They did something just short of that finally. And the fix does work. The damage has been done though for many of us.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts