Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike was recently leaking fuel out of the overflow valve and when I inspected the carb. I saw that the float was waterlogged (gaslogged) on one of the sides. I replaced the float but not my bike won't start. The battery works but it won't turn over. I have a kick start and that doesn't work as well. Any ideas on what I did to mess things up?? Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Did you drain the oil? Odds are, plenty of fuel leaked into the cylinder and, from there, into the crankcase. Also, when replacing a float, you have to check and reset the float level.

·
Registered
7 Posts
is the battery old,it might not be strong enough to turn the starter, is it the starter relay, you might have loosend a wire, or maybe a fuse.

·
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado 1700
4,672 Posts
I think WintrSol hit it on the head. I would worry that the cylinder is flooded with gas. Liquid doesn't compress, which is why your kickstarter doesn't seem to be able to turn the engine over either.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Remove the plugs and see if the kick starter will spin the engine. If so then try the starter.
If you get a lot of raw fuel coming out of the plug holes there is a good chance you didn't set the float level properly or the valve isn't shutting the fuel off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts