Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, this is my first "real" post regarding my project. I used to ride this Honda 100CL in my teens and has sat ever since it was became stuck in first gear. Now I am 39 and lots of change, I want to get it running.

I am trying to get at the clutch. I am using the Clymer book "Honda 100-350cc 4-stroke Singles_1970-1978..." as a guide. To remove the clutch I first have to remove to the oil filter rotor. It is held on by a lock nut that has four slots, but it is not a hex nor does it have a feature that a normal tool could utilize. I tried lightly tapping on the slots with a screw driver to spin off the locknut. But I didn't want to hack it up as it felt to be on there tight. The manual makes no mention of a special tool. So here is my question, do I actually need a "special tool" to get this locknut off. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Solved my own puzzle - I need a Oil Filter Spanner

Yep, the Clymer book is a little light on critical information when it comes to describing the tools required to remove the oil filter. It turns out I need a oil filter spanner. The OEM part number is 07716-0020100 . You can google it using the part number. I just ordered one at my local shop along with a battery. More posts to come...:eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts