·
Visionary
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Retired twice: Navy and as a govt contractor
11,648 Posts
That is a dirty word around hear at the moment. We are in the middle of a 5-6 month kitchen rehab. Decided to remove the wall between the kitchen and dinning room. 8" difference in the ceiling. That lead to moving all the plumbing for the second floor. Decided since we were this far into it to open the walk way from living to dinning room from 4' to 8'. It is a load bearing wall so we had to put a support beam across the doorway. At this point we discovered the remaining kitchen wall wasn't plum.

All that is now fixed and primed. This week the new kitchen cabinets went in. Tomorrow they measure for the counters and they will be ready next week. Next week the new floor goes in as well. Electricians back to finish their work on the 18th. Painter after that. Hope to be finished by Christmas.

·
Premium Member
6,728 Posts
Reminds me that Shirley was talking about new cabinets for her place. The old ones could go into my new structure next year. That could save me hundreds of thousands of dollars at today's prices. Well a few grand.

UK

·
11,648 Posts
We are using some of our old ones in the utility room

·
11,648 Posts
Did I mention the petrified mouse?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts