Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking the cold weather was almost open us, and needing to have the dealer take care of a defect that was causing a tiny oil leak, I had dropped off my bike back in mid-Nov for the needed warranty work. This week, after two months which seems like two years, my beautiful Thunderbird is now home and safe in my garage! It's likely that it will be several more weeks before I get to ride, both due to the long winter and my current recuperation from surgery, but it sure is nice to see my bike ready and waiting for me. Just sitting in the saddle made me feel good. With my surgery behind me and my bike ready to go, life is good.

·
So long
2,753 Posts
Thinking the cold weather was almost open us, and needing to have the dealer take care of a defect that was causing a tiny oil leak, I had dropped off my bike back in mid-Nov for the needed warranty work. This week, after two months which seems like two years, my beautiful Thunderbird is now home and safe in my garage! It's likely that it will be several more weeks before I get to ride, both due to the long winter and my current recuperation from surgery, but it sure is nice to see my bike ready and waiting for me. Just sitting in the saddle made me feel good. With my surgery behind me and my bike ready to go, life is good.
It's so good to hear that you and your Thunderbird are home! Glad you can sit in the saddle and spend some time in the garage. I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to hearing you're back on the road.
:71baldboy:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Yes. We are also glad that God gave you two kidneys. Your spare one may have to work a bit harder,but it will still do the job. I am not joking about having 2 as occasionally,people are born with just one.

Godspeed.

Slum.

·
Female Rider
9,324 Posts
So happy to hear you are home and doing well! We missed you around here. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I truly appreciate all the well wishes expressed by members of the forum. I guess recovery from major surgery is not something that I can speed up, so days where I try to act like everything is back to normal end up with me really hurting. And I must admit, you don't heal as quickly at my age as when I did when I was 30 or 40 years younger! But while I am healing I can spend time on this forum, time planning my big road trip for the summer, and time looking at and sitting on my bike in the garage. Again, thanks to all for the kind words of support.

·
American Legion Rider
18,682 Posts
Hang in there. As you now know, time flies by when you get a little older. Christmas is just around the corner.:)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Good to hear everyone'd home. Ya'll take care of one another. Go to the garage, talk to her, sit on her and she will feel good. In turn, you will feel good. Speedy recovery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts