1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
7,481 Posts
:coffeescreen:Beautiful but I would take the "Ape hangers" off.:biggrin:

Sam;)

·
Pegasus trapped in a human body on a motorcycle
9,210 Posts
I would replace the apes with drag bars, and replace the forward controls with a nice, chromed set of mid-mounts. All in all, it is a beautiful bike

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If if if I was to keep the bike, and actually ride it, I would probably put drag bars on it.

I would most likely make them a deal where I get a bike, they auction that one to pay for my bike, and the rest to charities.
The charities would be happy, the dealer would get to sell a bike, and I would have a bike that I would want.

I doubt that I would ever ride something like that, and I'm not one to have a bike to look at.

·
Ghost in the machine
2,857 Posts
I agree with Anybike, I would take "a bike" (not that one). Talented painter, but I am not a BB fan so to me that paint would have to go before I would be seen on it.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
Other then the paint there isn't much on that bike that's custom. It's all off the rack parts, and certainly nothing that would make it worth the $200,000 that the article claims it might be worth.

Ten years from now I bet the owner could sell it for maybe 10 grand, (adjusted from today's values.) Maybe more if he found a fan that was love struck over a ten year old sports tribute bike. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe they said a collectors value, as it sits new, unridden, meaning what Jay Leno might pay to have it in his garage.

I live in Ky and I'm a college basketball fan, I have no desire for a bb themed bike. The value of the bike might have topped 500k if it was signed by coach K.

·
Gone.
17,857 Posts
You just reminded me: I've got a mini basketball signed by Coach K that he gave me when I was in Duke hospital. I think I still have it anyway.

·
On The Road Again!
3,271 Posts
Pretty, but it doesn't do anything for me. I'd sell it and put the money into the bikes that I have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts